Chapter 2, (Episode 16)

Nathalie barged into Adrien's room, "Adrien you need to wake up! You're booked for a photoshoot in 30 minutes."

The blond stirred from underneath the sheets, groaning groggily, "What time is it?"

"It's 9 o'clock. I thought that I'd give you the benefit of the doubt today in managing to wake up on time, but clearly that trust was misplaced." Natalie's eyes were weary, and she looked paler than usual. To be fair, Adrien had been begging her for more autonomy, and she'd given it. He had meant to get up on time of course, but with his duties on patrol, he was always some degree of sleep deprived.

"I'm sorry Natalie."

"It's alright Adrien." She paused and coughed, wincing a little with pain as she put a hand to her mouth. "Make sure to get there on time, your father's put a lot of pressure on Vincent to get a good cover for this month's cover page. Remember, you need something fresh."

Adrien nodded, and began to dress himself as she left. He'd noticed something was wrong with Natalie. It seemed like her health was declining more and more. Even father seemed to be giving her more time to pause when she needed it. It was almost like ... no. Adrien shook his head. If it couldn't be like Mum's illness. Natalie had promised him it was nothing, but he still couldn't put his mind at ease. He should really try and lighten her load for now, he noted. Still, he pressed on, walking through the corridor, nodding quietly at the Gorilla bodyguard who met his as soon as he left his room. Adrien needed to put on a mask again – this photoshoot was important. It was peak time for the fashion season, and father had made it clear as always that they needed a flawless cover.

The drive was to the Eiffel tower. Father was angling for this month's edition to be an International hit, and nothing was more iconic in the city than the tower, especially to foreigners. Vincent the photographer was waiting on site, with a small team. The camera apparatus had already been set up for the shoot, but neither Adrien nor Vincent had any idea how they were going to make the Eiffel tower new and interesting. Father hadn't given them any detail on how they were supposed to make the shoot standout, all he'd said is he wanted it to be attention grabbing. That was typical of him – Father never really gave them much of an idea on how to make a photoshoot great, he could only design the garments. Mother had always been the one with the inspiration for covers.

Vincent had suggested getting a little provocative, with perhaps some more exposing garments, but Adrien wasn't really sure about that. Sure, his body was great, and he had to admit the idea that tonnes of people would admire it on a cover turned him on a little. But he wasn't confident enough for that level of exposure. People in school always saw the covers, and even though he'd gotten more used to it (especially since it was unescapable, being plastered all over France), he still got a little embarrassed when they saw normal cover photos. Imagine what it'd be like if it were that exposing – the girls were already rabid without it, and he certainly didn't want any more attention from them. 

Author's note:

I'd like to thank everyone for their messages of support whilst I went away for exams. I'm back now, and will be adding some more mature scenes in the story, but don't worry, there will still be some fluff too as well as some Vipernoir ;)
Lots of love <3, 
Aldwyn