Chapter 1 Episode 12

Adrien's phone buzzed, as he sat in the car – the akuma alarm. His bodyguard, who Adrien had taken the liberty of nicknaming the gorilla, stopped driving as he saw the looming threat of a supersized baby, the warning flashing on the car's screen, which Adrien assumed was blue toothed with Gorilla's phone. Gigantitan had been akumatised again. Adrien had only just finished school today, Hawkmoth always seemed to strike at the most inconvenient times. The car swerved over to the side, and Gorilla stepped out, quickly grabbing Adrien from the back seat, practically throwing him over his shoulder and running down an alleyway. The bodyguard was used to Adrien making getaways and disappearances during the akuma attacks – at this point it would be beyond obvious given the number of times Adrien just 'got lost'. Then again, Gorilla wasn't exactly the brightest of souls, but he was actually quite kind. Both he and Natalie provided him with a semblance of humanity when he was at home. Far more than his father ever did. Still, as the adjacent building began to collapse, Adrien quickly wriggled free from the bodyguard's shoulder, and as the debris began to fall, he darted away. He shot a glance quickly over his shoulder, scanning around for anyone who might see him – it had become so second nature to check that when Luka had seen, it had really shaken Adrien. Still – protecting Paris was his duty.

"Plagg, claws out." As the kwami was sucked into the ring, Adrien could hear the a second of disgruntled murmuring – it was very typical of Plagg. Still, as he had to admit he loved the feeling of the transformation, how the energy surged through his body and his hair went wild. Not to mention he loved the suit; it was odd texture, like a combination of leather and silicone, and it fit so tightly and snugly onto his body, in a way that perhaps Adrien enjoyed a little too much.