Chapter 1 Episode 9

"Luka, listen to me." Adrien began, "You cannot tell anyone."

"Yeah I know,"

"No, you don't understand. If you tell anyone, I'll have to report you." Adrien hesitated. He couldn't risk Luka telling anyone. Not a single soul, "The people that organise the Miraculous, the high ups, they can get quite nasty to enforce rules. I don't want you to get hurt." The blond finished. It was a lie, of course. Neither Master Fu nor Ladybug would do anything to Luka, but something Adrien knew all too well, was that people behaved best when they thought the consequences would come down on their own head.

Luka looked at him, piercingly. Adrien had never noticed how iridescent his eyes were, and for a moment he worried that his façade had been broken.

The blue haired boy sighed, "Okay. Like I said, I'll keep your secret. You don't need to threaten me."

"I wasn't!" the lies were building up now, and Adrien had to keep himself check. It was all about the acting – making it appear genuine. He had enough experience with it, he'd be fine. "Look, I would get an earful, but would be the one they'd had to silence. I wouldn't want that – I came here to make sure you kept quiet, for your own sake."

The taller boy looked him in the eyes, as though he were trying to dig into Adrien, to discern truth from lies. "Fine."

If he could, the blond would've sighed in relief. Instead, he smiled, satisfied that the boy had been convinced, "Fantastic."