She nods, pulling away fully and beginning to mount of back of his bike, feeling sick to her stomach. There was a very fine line between the bravery she felt with the Losers and the fear she felt for IT. In a way, they went hand in hand. Nearly every encounter she had with the clown, she was surrounded by the safety of her friends and because of that, it made her brave. But, she had a feeling she couldn't shake as Bill began to push down on his pedal and towards wherever they'd be heading.

A feeling which she'd never felt before. It wasn't fear and it wasn't bravery. It was only this flooded feeling within her entire body. Filling her throat, her stomach, and all other places in between. It was sickening. And, she'd only be able to place what that feeling was until she finally stood at the steps of Neibolt for the second time in her life. It was despair.

It filled her all over, the silence which surrounded them thick and impossible to miss. It was unspoken words and worry and nerves in this moment. The kids who grew so comfortable with one another over the short period of time before their argument having difficultly to form words to one another now. Of course it'd be difficult. All they really knew was that their hearts were aching for their stolen friend, worry in the air.

Her eyes were wide in terror as she stared up at the unwelcoming house. The wood molding and splintering like violent teeth just waiting for them to enter so it could swallow them all whole. She stood unmoving, her gaze set. Her friends voices going unheard as they moved about the front yard of the desecrated house, readying their makeshift weapons and preparing their tired minds for the horrors they'd soon be enduring inside the house which seemed like a living, breathing nightmare.

She swallows her saliva, pulled out of the disassociation she set herself in as she watched as Eddie pulls his fanny-pack off his waist in a moment of pure courage, using his arms to launch it into the air with all his might. It caused April to furrow her eyebrows before she looks back towards the house and seeing Richie leaned over to the ground, snatching a empty bottle off the dead grass. He then slams it down against the bannister of the front steps, shards of glass flying into the air as the bottle shatters.

There was little reaction from the group, each of them staring at him blankly before they collectively look away and go on with themselves. It was Bill who mustered up the courage to be the first into the steps of the house. Like clockwork, the group all follows him onto the porch. All except April who stayed in her spot, unmoving. Her lip quivering and eyes so glassy it almost looked like she was a porcelain doll.

No one noticed that she hadn't moved until Ben heard the small gasp which escaped her lips, turning to her and seeing how she shook, hyperventilating with tears beginning to fall down her cheeks. "Guys," He whispers, the boys looking to him before seeing April stare blankly at the ground.

It was instantaneous, Bill dropping the fire iron and flashlight he held to the ground and rushing over to her, leaving the others to watch as her takes her face in one of his hands, running his thumb over her cheek gently. He forces her eyes to meet his as his other hand goes into her feathery hair — running his fingers through it.

"S-Sunshine... Hey, B-Baby," He starts, whisking away the tears in her cheeks with his thumb in the most tender way he could. "L-L-Listen to me, a-alright? It's okay. You're s-safe as long a-as you're w-with us. As long as y-you're w-with me," He goes on, her hands finding way to his shoulders as she stares into his eyes. "I'm n-not gonna let a-anything b-b-bad happen t-to you, okay? I g-got you always," He continues, moving the fluffy hair which flopped in front of her eyes.

She stares at him desperately, breathing deeply as she hold onto each of his words like they were her lifeline and she believes him. He was it for her. He was hers and she was his and she knew that he'd do anything to keep her safe and she'd do the same for him. The world without him seemed so unfamiliar without him. Without her Billy.

In that moment, he sees her. Truly sees her. Not as Sunshine, not as the girl who made him happy once again. But as April, April Ambrose. The girl who was so helplessly his that he nearly didn't understand it. The girl who for the longest time longed to be accepted. He sees her as the the young girl who was in his second grade class with curly pigtails and wide eyes.

He leans in, pressing his lips to her forehead then her nose and both her cheeks — a sentiment which became normal to them, the rest of the group watching. They wondered what had happened between the two of them during the month break the club had. It was so clear that they weren't just friends as they always said.

He's so close to her now, he could feel her heavy breathing on his cheek and his lips lingered over hers for a moment too long. He could've kissed her. He easily could have. He could have just bit the bullet and lean into her quickly, pressing his lips to hers for the first time. He could've. He didn't. He wished he did. But, as he pulled away he catches sight of her again. Her curly hair and bright eyes and features he swore were the most precious thing he had ever seen.

No, he couldn't kiss her here. He'd been in love with her since the beginning of summer, since the moment she rode on the back of his bike for the first time. This kiss... It couldn't be in the face of danger. It just couldn't! It had to be somewhere sunny, somewhere safe, full of life and warmth because Neibolt was just so far from what his Sunshine was and he didn't want her to look back on their first kiss and remember all the horrors which followed after.

He takes her hand softly, her eyes boring into his before she nods weakly, just barely there. Understanding they had to do this. They had to go in. It wasn't just for Beverly anymore. It wasn't just for Georgie or the missing kids. It was them. The entirety of the club. Defeating this clown would bring them peace. Peace which they all so desperately longed for.

So, with a fearful breath, she lets him lead her to the porch. Climbing the creaking steps before she's sandwiched between Mike and Eddie. Bill in front once again. She feels Mike softly pat her shoulder, a way of telling her that they'd be safe and she trusts him. She believes him. She believes them all because as long as she'd be willing to keep them safe, she'd always believe that they'd do the same.