[20] OUNCE OF DIGNITY

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

CHAPTER TWENTY

xx. street fighter

--------------------------------------------------------------

THEY STOOD OUTSIDE A HOUSE, their breathing heavy as Eddie sits to the side of a tree, clutching his arm as he lets out small whimpers. The club was mostly silent, April to Bill's side as she wipes at the dried, crusted tears at the corners of her eyes. Today had been a disaster, from the screams in the garage to the shouts which echoed in Neibolt.

She looks to Bill, biting her lip nervously before grabbing at his hand for comfort, her breathing heavy, small tears welling up in her eyes as she heaves in an out. "Oh, God. Billy," She sputters, Bill looking good her with a frown, lifting his hand and wiping the tears that prick herself at the corner of her eyes.

Quickly, he takes wraps his arms around her,  his hands finding their way to her head and patting the messy curls down. "It's o-o-okay," He mumbles against her hair as she chokes on a breath, her head against his shoulder.

They were waiting for Sonia to get Eddie and the club was already terrified from what had happened in the house, the thought of her scolding made them even more scared. Everything was breaking up. Ben clutching his stomach while Beverly rubs his back softly, Richie and Stan knelt by Eddie worriedly as Mike watches for Sonia's car with a cloudy look in his eye.

He held her in his arms, her body shaking and his shirt beginning to stain with salty tears as he rocks back and fourth for a moment with her engulfed. "You... You weren't! It wasn't okay. No one was okay. Eddie's hurt, Ben's hurt," She chokes out, pulling away and looking at his face — an attempt to ground herself, she's here. He's here. They're safe. It's okay.

But, he can't do this. He can't put her through this anymore. Her body was shaking in his hands, her cheeks were tear-stricken with oceans and the only other time he's felt this way was after... Georgie. He can't hurt her anymore. Not anymore. He has to stop it. He dragged her into this, he can take her out of it.

He pulls away softly, wiping her tears before kissing her forehead one last time and hurriedly pulling away as Mike looks to the group and points to the car pulling up towards them. "She's here," He mumbles, the group instantly straightening out.

Richie and Stan helping Eddie up while Ben goes to the back, covering his stomach with his arm as April hurriedly wipes start her tears. The car pulls to a stop. Sonia looking at them in distaste, waddling out of the car angrily.

Yanking Eddie by his unbroken arm as she points between the kids accusingly. "You! You did this! You know how delicate he is!" She shouts, breathing heavily as she drags him into the car.