[02] NEW FRIENDS, FOUR BRACELETS

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

CHAPTER TWO

ii. making friends

--------------------------------------------------------------

WIPING AT HER GLOSSY EYES WITH THE BACK OF HER HAND, April begins collecting the contents of her bag which now littered the concrete. Her hands reaching towards her books and pencil case, tossing it into her bag carelessly. She sighs at the sight of her three spools of thread, all different in colour. Pale yellow, baby pink, and light blue. It unraveled slightly and was now rolled across the ground.

She crawls to it, taking the pink one in her hand and  beginning the wrap the loose thread back around the spool carefully. Tucking the end of it onto the inside and placing it into her bag carefully. She continues onto the blue one, her left hand wrapping the string once again.

'I really should learn how to stand up for myself' She thinks as she carefully tucks the end of the string into the inside of the spool before placing it into her backpack. 'I'm too much of a pushover,' Her mind lulls on as she begins to zip up her bag, still sat on the ground.

"Why the fuck are you on the ground?" A confused voice from behind her says, startling her. Her body jolting up in surprise before she turns around, pale yellow spool still in her hand as she stares at the figure the voice had come from. Richie, Richie Tozier stares down at her. His friends crowded around them as they looked at the way she dress flooded around her and the way she held her backpack close to her.

She opens her mouth to respond, getting cut off by a rapid voice. "Y'Know, you could get sick from that? There's a whole bunch of germs," It says. She looks towards where it came from, a smaller boy. She recalls him as Eddie Kaspbrak.

April stifles a giggle as she remembers him being in her science class and how he'd force one of his friends to keep an extra inhaler on them just in case he'd ever forget his fanny pack. She always wished she could have a friend group she could rely on like that.

She shrugs before responding, offering a sweet smile at the group before she quickly looks away, wiping her eyes to be sure that he doesn't have any chance of noticing the glossiness of them. "A-Are you okay?" Another voice, just by the stutter she already knew. Bill Denbrough.

Everyone in Derry knew who Bill and his family were. Not for any good reason or bad reason, too. But, for tragic reasons. Just last October, young Georgie Denbrough went missing. He's believed to be dead, though, April would never utter those words out loud.

She giggles lightly, shrugging her shoulders once again. "I'm great," She responds to the boys question, dusting her dress off and standing up in front of the four boys. "I'm April Ambrose," She introduces herself with a happy grin, worried that they wouldn't know who she was.