[09] OFFICIALLY FRIENDS FOREVER

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

CHAPTER NINE

ix. back home

--------------------------------------------------------------

THE DAYS EVENTS HAD ENDED and once again, April found herself clung to Bill Denbrough's back, her cheek pressed up against his shoulder and a grin on her face. She hums quietly, a soft tune. Bill could feel the vibration from the noise rising from her throat on his back and he couldn't help but let the corners of his lips twinge up a bit.

They were already on her street, biking down the road and passing by April's neighbouring houses. It was probably around 6:30 and despite curfew rushing closer and closer, the two of them hardly wanted to leave each other's company. Even if a lot of their moments were shared silences of comfort. It was almost like the understood one another above words. But, despite that, there was still a fire in both of them urging to keep learning.

"It's t-this one right?" Bill asks as he begins to pull to a stop at a house which was painted grey.

Looking up from where her head rested, she stares at her house and nods. "Yeah, this is my stop," She hums, Bill already holding Silver up with his feet in order for her to safely unmount.

Once off, she stumbles for a moment, having to catch her balance and giggling softly as she does so. "Y-You okay?" Bill asks worriedly as he sees her ankle stumble to the side, her shoes losing its grip.

Continuing to giggle, she nods. "Yeah, I'm okay. Perfect, actually," She respond, poking his hand which gripped his handlebars still with a playful smile.

His heart jumped for a moment there, the brush of her finger against his knuckles being enough to send him into a surge of fire. Just imagine how he feels while they bike, it's like ten thousand bolts of electricity! "Perfect? How s-so?" He asks, quirking an eyebrow up amused as she plays with the straps of her backpack shyly.

She shrugs, looking down at her once pristine shoes which were now muddy from the Barrens. "Today was the best day I've had in a while, Billy," She searches for words slowly before she remembers something. The bracelet that sat in her backpacks pocket! "Oh, I forgot," She mumbles, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear and not noticing the curious look Bill had now, she has already busied herself by pulling her backpack strap off one shoulder and pulling it to the front of her and searching the pockets for one of the bracelets.