[25] WARMTH

APRIL'S NERVES WERE OFF THE CHARTS AS SHS WATCHED OUT FOR SILVER. She forced herself to stay silent after informing her mom that she now had plans with Bill. Whatever they might be. She knew that if she wasn't silent she'd blurt something out, something detrimental. Something that would absolutely send her to the madhouse.

And, so, feeling her throat being choked from fear of what may happen next, she turns to Holly. "I-I'm gonna go... Wait outside," She mumbles, Holly barely paying her any mind, only responding with a light hum and nod. "Tell mom and dad I'll be back before curfew?" She adds,  Holly finally taking her eyes off the television and looking to her sister who leaned against the wall next to the window awkwardly.

"Obviously. Why're acting so weird?" She asks, scrunching up her nose and narrowing her eyes curiously.

It was clear. Her sisters entire vibe was off. April was fidgeting more than usual, her eyes not being able to focus on the person she's speaking to. Something was up and it was obvious to Holly.

April tilts her head, feigning curiosity towards the older girl. "I'm not, though," She responds, playing with the ends of her pigtails.

Rolling her eyes, Holly nods aggressively. "You so are,".

"I'm not—!" April begins to get defensive, cursing the fact that Holly just always knew how to read her. Even when they were kids. April could never get away with anything if Holly and her intuition was around.

"You are but I really don't care," Holly goes on, laughing softly at her response. "What are you and Billy planning today? Your first hug?" She teases, sticking her tongue out as April blushes at the mention of the boys name before reverting back to the seemingly permanent look of worry on her face. Holy didn't notice that part.

April goes silent, feeling as if she were to talk more she'd end up revealing why she was so off. Her eyes looking out the window and by the grace of God, seeing Bill pull up on Silver to her front yard.

"Billy's here," She whispers, voice soft before looking to Holly. "I'll see you later. Tell mom and dad I love them," She says before quickly hurrying to the front door and exiting the house not even allowing a response and still feeling choked in fear.

She hasn't even noticed the last thing her said and from any other perspective it would've sounded like she was going to do something rash. Something impulsive. It sounded like she wouldn't be coming home for a long time or ever at all. Holly noticed but brushed it off, taking it as April being far too excited to see Bill than to say it to their parents herself.

Once the door shut, she makes eye contact with Bill instantly and is flood with a small feeling of relief. Her breathing slowing just a bit. He's always made her feel safer, more at peace. She basically sprints to him, her shoes slapping against the pavement leading up to the steps of her house.

He's not different, his eyes glazing over in small relief as he quickly dismounts Silver and leave it standing on the kickstand before April is wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her face in his chest and breathing in the familiar scent of his detergent which she grew so used to over the past two months.

"Billy," She breathes out, hands tight on the back of his t-shirt. She shakes in his arms, lip quivering as silent worried bounce in her head. It wasn't logical to look on the bright side anymore. IT had Beverly. She was taken and they were her only chance as being saved. April had nothing in her mind which could calm her, nothing in the world could calm her except the idea of Beverly being safe and IT being dead.

Bill hums into her head, trying to keep his composure as he presses a kiss to her hair. "W-We gotta g-g-go," He whispers, pulling away from her and looking into her glassy eyes.