09: SILENT STARES

Riley

During class Penny was getting stared at, the girl who was staring at her looked unfamiliar, her backpack on the back of her chair was pink and it said Jemma.

Jemma.

How could I not know it was Jemma!

Her eyes were burning into Penny, silent lasers were burning into Penny's arm and I knew she could feel it.

"Miss. Franklin, do we have a problem?" I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed, the teacher looked up from his clip board and stared at Jemma, it was worse than the stare Jemma gave Penny.

" Penny."  She said sassy-ly.

The teacher looked at Penny and then back to Jemma.

"Penny?" He repeated. " Penny's your problem?"

Ringgggg.

The bell rang, but the teacher didn't seem to be done with the girls.

" Remember, page 7-24 for homework." The students groaned at the homework assignment. "Penny, stay."

Jemma tossed her head up and walked out of the classroom with pride.

I gave Penny a look of reassurance: it'll be O.K. She nodded and walked over to the teachers desk, I secretly stayed by my locker pretending to pick things out of it so I could hear their conversation.

"Why are you Jemma's Problem?" He asked, with a slight knowing that Jemma was the real problem.

" I'm not really sure. " She lied, I don't blame her, if she told him that it's because of Huxley, then Huxley would become part of the mess Jemma started, and who would tell their middle aged English teacher their is a problem going on?

I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I turned around to see Jemma standing on the other side of the hallway trying to get pieces of what they are talking about.

" I'll talk to Jemma during free period. " he told Penny.

That's this period!

I walked by Jemma and gave her a smile, not a friendly smile though.

I could tell Jemma knew what was happening because once Penny left the classroom she walked right in.

Please vote if you enjoyed!