04: DANCE

Penny

It was almost time for the dance, Huxley said he would come and pick me up at eight, this has never happened to me before, I'm feeling a weird emotion, but it's a really good one, I feel lighter, like if I jumped I would float.
I feel so good.
Knock knock.
Must be Hux I thought to myself.
And It was him dressed in a really good tuxedo and me in a pink dress with a nice fancy bun in the back, we are picture perfect.
"Hey Hux, your wearing a tux!" I tried to be funny, instead of laughing at my joke, he laughed at how bad it was.
" Penny, " he said "you look really good right now, but even your looks can't keep me away from hating your jokes.
He laughed and I turned pink.
" You ready? " he asked
" hurry " I said "If we don't leave in ten minutes I'm staying home and studying." He thought I was joking, I wasn't , even though I'm going out tonight, it doesn't mean the real me gets to stay home.
"I'm going, I'm going!" He said as I started pushing him out of my house.
"So, um, I'm only staying at your party for an hour." I really wanted to say my mom said so, but I just want to get home and sleep, I have a got a class at 8 a.m. and chess at 12.
"Okay, we can meet up another time, I wasn't expecting you to stay anyway."
What is that supposed to mean? I thought to myself.
I called up Michaela and Riley to come to my house, we were all going together since this is a once in a lifetime thing.
"... And then he said he didn't expect me to be there" I said as we were talking on the phone.
"Well I'm sure what he meant was you never go out you stay home sleep early or study late." Michaela said matter of factly.
"Okay, see you in a bit." I said and I hung up the phone.
I do get out don't I?
"Heyyyyyy."
"That must be Riley and Michaela." I said to Huxley, as I went into the fridge to get him some ice for his apple juice.
" I were to think so. " chuckled Huxley.
"Are you guys ready to go?" I asked " Huxley is driving. " I added.
"I'm ready." They all said in sync. We headed out the door , the drive was really fun, we all sung, and listened to music on full blast.

The whole time I was writing this, I wasn't sure how to end it.
Do you guys think it was a good ending for the chapter?
Vote if you enjoyed ❤