chapter 26

My what?! I ask my mom she looked taken aback with my reaction

Your fiancé dear you are not that old to have hearing problems I just looked at her like that was the biggest issue here.

When did I have a fiancé? How did this happen?

Well .... I and your father decided that it was time for you to get married lucky a friend of our family had also had an unwed daughter so we thought since they are both singles why not marry them we are both in a very good family and you two seem to be a perfect match we were going to tell you but you to do it but you seem busy so we have taken it in our own hands to wed you my mother answered happily

I was so stunned to speak at this ridiculousness so I took a breath to gather my thoughts and stayed calm as possible and said "WHAT THE FRICK MOM" I didn't realize that it was 15 century that arranges marriages was a thing and did you just expect for me to just accept this for gods sakes I am not some kind of teenager that you can tell and me just to accept it and no offense Rose I am sure you are a wonderful woman but I am not marrying you and does anybody think this Idea is bonkers so no I am sorry mom but just no. I didn't realize was voice was getting louder until Josh put his hand on my shoulders to calm me down.

Right on cue, my Dad arrives, Oh good we are all here and this as he looked at Josh I introduced them Dad this Josh from high school the friend I was bringing and Josh my dad they shook hand nice to meet you said, Josh.

I interjected dad what is this about me getting a fiancé I asked him and my dad face lights up and says oh you have met Rose isn't she a beautiful woman a perfect match for you, Dad I say you can't just decide that for me you can't just drop a bombshell on me like that and just expect me to agree?

And why not that what I and your mother have decided and by the way when I was your age I already had a family and already had your big sister what we are doing is good for you, we already made plans so that is it final and there is nothing you can do about it my Dad declares. 

I won't do it

Yes you will my dad says sternly

Dad, I won't first of this all your idea, not mine, and second I came here to come out to you guys that I am gay...

NO, YOU ARE NOT GAY my dad says angrily you are just saying that to get out of this arrangement.

I fired back THIS ARRANGEMENT THAT YOU MADE WITHOUT TELLING ME!!! And yes I looked at both at my parent mom, dad I am gay and Josh isn't just my friend his my boyfriend I came here to let you know him which is now I  believe a mistake I hold Josh's hand

My mom looked shocked and my dad disgusted and shouted YOU ARE LYING YOU ARE JUST MAKING ME AND YOUR MOTHER UPSET LIKE ALWAYS.

No I am not I am really I am gay dad since I think we are not welcome here we are leaving I grab josh's hand and walk out of my parents home I could hear my dad shouting something but I pay no mind to it as I walk away farther and farther away from the place I once called home and pulling Josh along the way we remain quite as we call a ride to take me back to my place and josh just holds my hands and when we reach my place and the door closes I just brake down and Josh holds me and hugs me tightly as I cried and cried into his chest no words comes out from me just tears without me knowing it I feel tired and sad I just hold him until sleep takes me.