Expiration Date

Dabi sat stood behind the microphone.
Everyone else was out recording footage of a small robbery as their first action Vlog.
But he was here, with his phone propped against some boxes so it would record him from the waist up.
He had already started recording and was trying to get himself ready.
Toga, Spinner, Shigaraki, and even Kurogori had already made their own videos that were about them specifically.
It wad his turn.
"I won't sugercoat it," he said, his voice sounding rather loud in the silence of his solitude.
"I'm not going to tell you viewers shit about me. All you have to know, is that my name is Dabi."
He took a deep breath.
He was talking too fast so he needed to calm down.
"Toga mentioned in her video that we do karaoke once a month and after looking through the few comments- yes I read them-" he laughed. "Someone said they'd like to see it. Well, I don't think we'll be doing it anymore.
You see, my buddy Twice was the one that made us start it in the first place. Big sis backed him up in the suggestion so, we started doing it."
He smiled at the memory only for his heart to sink.
Mag was gone.
Twice was gone.
And his beloved-
No....
No...
"Last time we did this was December ninth, and I did a song with Twice and my-" he cleared his throat. "My now ex."
After adjusting the microphone and making sure his phone was still recording, he went on.
  "So, since you wanted a song, I decided I would sing for you."
When the song's intro had finished it's soft piano whisper, he began.
"Baby I don't understand this, you're changing- I can't stand it-"

...

Hawks cried all through the night.
His freshly drawn blood had eventually dried, coating his arms and fingers in a sticky red.
Every time he closed his eyes he saw flashes of either Dabi burning him or Twice at his feet.
A new video had been uploaded by the villains several hours before, and Hawks had watched with a heavy heart as Dabi sang into a microphone.
He replayed over and over, letting his heart shatter repeatedly.
"I'm so fucking done," he mumbled.

...

Dabi sat down to look through Hawks's journal some more.
There was nothing that really stuck out to him.
He laughed a lot at it, but the laughter was just to bury his hurt.
Over and over in the writings, Hawks would say he was sorry and he would make sure no one got hurt.
He had failed at that.
Dabi spent most of his time drinking or hooking up with people, trying to force his feelings away.
No matter what though, he always found himself laying awake at the end of the night, dreaming of what could have been if things had ended different.
Seeing Hawks on the news hadn't helped at all.
People would flash big photos of him, his arms totally demolished and his face...
Oh his beautiful face...
It was scarred.
It would forever bear the mark of Dabi's wrath.
The hero's left eye actually looked blinded- though he didn't know for sure if it was or not. Different reporters said something different about his condition- physical and mental- every time.
Looking at the journal now, it had become apparent he was going down hill on the lead up to the betrayal.
Dabi closed the notebook, shoving it under his pillow.
He didn't want to think about it anymore.
Toga came into the room then- but she didn't burst in like she normally would. Instead, she simply walked in, her expression that same unsettling calm that she had worn since that fateful December night.
"Hey Dabi," she mumbled.
"What's up?" He sat up more straight, watching her carefully.
"Nothing much. We just hit eight thousand subscribers."
"That's awesome."
The air between them felt thick and heavy.
Even though they hadn't spoken about it, they were both aware of the injustice that beseeched them.
In a way, Dabi supposed it was his fault.
If he hadn't let Hawks lore him into believing that he truly wanted to help the League, leading to his eventual joining and Dabi's love of him, Twice would still be alive.
Toga would be happy with him, and Dabi would have never been broken by a fake love.
Without a word, Toga left, shutting the door gently behind her.
Dabi spent the night awake, longing for a love that he supposed never really existed to begin with.

He missed the two most recent losses:

Twice and Hawks.

...

Hawks decided it was time to set his date.
Every food has an expiration date, and if everyone would refer to him as chicken, then he needed one too.
After some time of debate, he decided February fourteenth would be his last day.
It seemed only fitting, destroy himself on a day meant for love. He had destroyed the love of others so Valentine's day would be his last.
There was a big pizza party at his agency that night so he figured he'd attend the party, and make it look like an accident as he left.
It'd be fine.
It would be great.

It would be what everyone was waiting for.

...

  Over the next two weeks, the villains uploaded more content.
The comments were supportive and a lot of people talked about how fun the crew seemed.
They had hit twelve thousand subscribers and Shigaraki knew the time had come.
Soon, Hawks would pay for his crimes.
He would pay for breaking the hearts of those that had trusted him.
  He felt a twinge of guilt as he watched Toga enter Dabi's room with her syringe, shutting the door behind her. He quickly dismissed the feeling though.
Shigaraki knew it was for the plan. If Dabi were to be a part of it- whether the stapled man would admit it or not- he clearly still cared about the hero somewhere in his heart and would only fuck it up and get hurt in the end.
"Ready to go?" Spinner asked from the doorway.
"Yes."

  I'm going to fix this mess...