Just Trust Me

The commission is pushing dates sooner than expected. It sounds like we'll be ending things in a matter of mere months.
I don't think I can go through with this.
I don't want to leave the league. Or liberation front or whatever.
Commission man said to try to rehabilitate anyone who stands a chance at submission.
Dabi would never.
Toga isn't like that. She's a killer through and through.
Shigaraki is out of the question.
Spinner and Kurogori don't seem like they could start over either.
The only hope is Twice.
If I can save him in the final moments- I'll get him through his prison time and help him start over when he's set free.
Maybe then, when people see that it is possible for a villain to turn around, they'll give my beloved Dabi a chance too.
But will he want me after everything?
I just don't know.

A week later Hawks was strolling through town.
All was well.
The sun was shining, birds were chirping, flowers were probably blooming somewhere- it was a beautiful day outside.
"Hawks!"
The winged hero turned to the voice.
A young boy- probably about ten or eleven years old- was staring at him with wide eyes.
"Howdy hey, youngster. What can I help you with?"
The boy smiled so wide that Hawks thought his face would split open.
"Can you make a video for me real fast? Some kids at school said that even if I met you, you'd think I was lame too." His smile faded. "But you aren't like that, right?"
Hawks smiled at him. "What's your name?"
"Jackson. I moved from America a year ago and people won't let me live it down."
The hero made a video with the boy, stating that he was a kick ass boss that would be an even better hero than himself one day.
Jackson had left with a hug and thanking him until he was out of sight.
The hero continued, looking for signs of trouble, stopping occasionally to sign autographs.
Just as he passed an alleyway, he was yanked into it from a shadowed figure.
His cry was muffled by a hand clasped on his mouth.
"Shush, Birdie. You're gonna get me caught."
Upon hearing the deep voice he relaxed.
"Dabi, what are you doing here?"
The villain let him go, walking around slowly until he stopped in front of him.
Those blue eyes trailed him up and down slowly before resting on his own.
"I need you to meet me in the park tonight at two, okay?"
"You practically live with me. Why do you we need to meet at a damn park at two in the morning?"
Dabi looked away, rubbing his neck. "Just trust me, okay?"
Hawks sighed. "Okay. Just get your ass out if here before someone sees you."
He placed a gentle kiss on the dark haired man's hand before strolling back out into the street.

He couldn't focus the rest of the day.
Why the hell would Dabi be wanting to meet him in a park in the dead of night?
They literally were sharing a bed. Why go out in the cold and dark when they could talk at home where it was safe and warm... and Hawks wouldn't have to worry about Dabi getting caught and arrested.
That reminds me... I gotta get a message out to Endeavor at some point...

The sun had set, leaving Hawks cast in deep shadows from his perch high above the rushing city.
A glance at his watch told him it was one fifty in the morning.
He mumbled a curse as he took a sip of his bitter coffee.
Spreading his wings to their full length, he jumped.
The ground was rapidly reaching to grab him and snap his life away, and for a fleeting instant, he wondered if anyone would care if he let the cement kill him.
He brushed the thoughts away and used his wings to save himself at the last moment.
He flew through the dimly lit streets until he reached the agreed meeting place.
Tossing his empty coffee can in the trash, Hawks looked around, surveying the empty park.
Shadows bathed everything, leaving him in almost solid black save for the yellow illumination cast from the street lamp a few yards off.
Moths flitted around the light, casting ominous shadows on the ground.
Hawks swallowed the lump in his throat.
There was not a single sound aside from the gentle buzz of the night and occasional car just out of view.
A flicker of blue caught his eye, making him jump.
"You're late, Feathers." Dabi grumbled.
Stepping out of the shadows his face was cast in the yellow light, giving him a sickly glow.
"I'm not late. You are."
The villain snorted in response before motioning him over.
Hawks followed with butterflies in his stomach.
Once they were both bathed in darkness, Dabi looked nervous.
The villain was shifting lightly on his feet, his hands balling in and out of fists.
He was never a fidgety person.
So why couldn't he hold still now?
Hawks felt his breath catch in his throat as a sudden realization that Dabi may be about to kill him struck.
Without looking too suspicious, he casually grabbed a medium length feather, pretending to play with it idly. If anything happened, he could defend himself by turning it into a small dagger.
"So, Dabs," he started, keeping his voice as unreadable as possible through the pounding of his heart. "What did you want to meet for?"
The villain looked at him for a moment, as if he had forgotten Hawks was even there.
"I would like to- well I was wondering if-" he shook his head, his black hair falling in his eyes. "Nevermind."
Dabi started sulking off but the hero grabbed his hand, freezing him in place. "No, what's on your mind?"
Dabi yanked his hand back, shooting a glare over his shoulder. "You'd only laugh at me, asshole."
Hawks shook his head. "No I wouldn't. Just spill it, would ya?"
The villain grumbled something under his breath before looking up at the stars. "Look, the League is throwing a big party to celebrate taking over the Liberation Army..." He looked at the hero now, his sharp turquoise eyes cutting into him. "It's like a big evil Galla. I was wondering if- well.... You'd want to be my date."
Hawks let out a breath he hadn't quite realized he'd been holding.
He always hated the fancy parties he'd attended as a hero. Whether it be a Winter Ball, or an extravaganza, he hated dressing up in uncomfortable clothes.
After one look at Dabi's defeated and submissive face he couldn't deny that a night of fun and drinks sounded wonderful.
"I'd love to."
The villain smiled softly, his eyes crinkling at the corners.
It was a sight Hawks never wanted to forget.