Be a Good Bird

When Hawks had made it back to his apartment, he felt exhausted.
His leg was throbbing and his head was pounding.
He stripped his torn clothes off, tossing them on the floor. It was a shame, those were his favorite sweats.
Glancing down he found that his leg was coated in blood. The sight made him nauseous.
He stubbled into his bathroom, seating himself on the countertop. With a damp washcloth, he began slowly rinsing the blood away.
The cut really wasn't that bad. He had received worse. Luckily, it was rather shallow. Unfortunately, it ran from right above his knee almost to his balls.
Tears stung the back of his eyes as he finished scrubbing his wound out. He figured if he was careful about it, he wouldn't need stitches.
The thing that really bothered him was that his new underwear were now torn and stained. The hero wasn't sure why this bothered him so much, but it did.
After changing into a fresh pair of underwear and putting on a loose pair of shorts, he stumbled into the kitchen.
After opening and closing the fridge four times he realized that chicken wouldn't appear in it if he kept going.
Sighing, he opened his alcohol cabinet. He rarely drank, but he had a high tolerance so he grabbed a bottle of his favorite whiskey and went to his couch.
He laid back, wincing at the hot pain in his leg.
After a few swigs of whiskey, he couldn't fight his exhaustion and closed his eyes.

Dabi stood outside Hawks's apartment door once again. Shigaraki had said that Hawks had been injured in a battle earlier and Dabi couldn't help but hope the winged man was alright.
He took a deep breath. There was a chance that he would get ambushed when he opened this door. He needed to be ready.
Lighting one hand on fire, he used the other to pick the lock.
The door swung slowly open, and Dabi stepped inside.
His eyes immediately fell on the man spread out on the couch.
He didn't look very injured. Dabi breathed a sigh of relief as he silently shut the door.
He crept over and knelt next to the sleeping Hawks.
His wings were draped gracefully over both sides over the couch, spilling onto the floor in a sea of brilliant red.
His bare chest rose and fell in a soft pattern.
Dabi scanned him up and down, searching for the wounds that were supposed to be there. Nothing seemed off.
He stood, walking around the back of the couch. That's when he noticed it.
Just under the edge of the hero's shorts, the start of a cut was visible.
Of course it's on his thigh. Dabi groaned inwardly.
He came back around the front of the couch. Raising the hero's legs slowly, he slid under them, sitting on the couch. He then placed Hawks's legs over his own.
Now he could get a better assessment.
With a quick glance, he found the hero was still peacefully sleeping.
Dabi lifted the hero's shorts slowly, exposing more and more cut. He was already halfway up Hawks's thigh, and it looked like it went further up.
Just as he was about to pull the shorts further, a hand clamped on his wrist.
"What the fuck are you doing?"

Hawks woke up to a soft breeze on his thigh. When he opened his eyes, he saw none other than the villain Dabi, slowly peeling his shorts back with a look of horror.
Hawks grabbed Dabi's wrist, stopping him in his tracks.
"What the fuck are you doing?" Hawks demanded.
Dabi's cheeks turned a faint pink. He slowly turned to look at Hawks. "I promise you, this isn't what it looks like."
"Really? Because it looks a lot like you came in while I was passed out and you were about to do something."
"I wasn't," Dabi snapped. "I may be a villain, but I'm not a monster! I was just checking your wound."
Hawks snorted indignantly, swinging himself up into a sitting position.
He tugged the hem of his shorts down, covering the cut over. "If you're not here to run your hands on me then what do you want?"
Dabi leaned back, placing his muddy boots on the coffee table.
"The boss wants me to watch after you, see if you're league material."
Hawks kept a calm expression. This was perfect. Not only could he monitor one of the members constantly now, but he had a bigger chance at getting in. Soon this whole operation could get done with and things would calm down.
"I'm gonna put a shirt on if you're gonna be hanging around." Hawks pushed himself painfully up on his feet.
Before he could even take a step, Dabi grabbed his wrist firmly.
"How high does that mark go?" He asked.
Hawks felt his face flush. Why did he want to know?
Still, Hawks tapped a couple inches above the start line. "About here," he lied.
Dabi laughed, pulling the hero back over to him.
"Don't lie to me," he growled. "You can either tell me before I get to work on you, or I can strip you and find out for myself."
Hawks yanked back. "Get to work on me? The hell's that supposed to mean?"
Dabi rolled his eyes. "Get your mind out of your pants feather brain."
He pulled a baggie out of his inner coat pocket. Inside was a wad of fresh bandages.
Hawks stumbled for his room. "I don't need your help."
Just as he was about to shut his door, Dabi wedged his foot in the way.
"Look, sweetheart, I gave you the option for this to go easy."
Hawks flinched. He didn't have the energy to fight right now. All he wanted was to go to bed.
He waddled his way slowly to the bathroom, Dabi trailing after him.
"I said I didn't want your help, staple face."
"And I told you I was going to help anyway," the villain scoffed. "This isn't something I do everyday. Be grateful."
Hawks muttered under his breath. Taking a seat on the edge of the tub, he glared defiantly up at the burnt man.
Dabi smirked, kneeling next to the hero.
Without asking, he yanked Hawks's shorts upward until the entire wound was exposed.
The hero's face flushed and he turned his head. He didn't want Dabi to see his pink cheeks and get the wrong idea.

Dabi fought a smile as he watched the hero's cheeks turn pink. It was adorable that he tried to hide it.
The villain tried not to touch him too much as he wrapped Hawks's thigh tightly in the white cloth.
That bastard was lucky Dabi always kept bandages on hand.
When he was finished, he attached the bandage to itself and looked up at the other man's face.
"How's that feel?"
Hawks had his eyes half closed, looking tired. "Good."
Without another word, Dabi picked him up bridal style.
"What the hell?" The winged man protested.
"Walking around will only make that slice worse, trust me."
He laid Hawks down on his bed. Damn he was hot.
Wait- no... He shouldn't be thinking like this.
That was when he recalled how soft those lips were.
Hawks was staring up at him with wide eyes.
Dabi snapped out of his trance. "Quit staring, feathers."

Hawks quickly shifted his gaze. He hadn't meant to stare, but it was like his eyes were magnetically attracted to that burnt toast man.
Dabi let out an irritated huff before leaving the room.
Hawks made no effort to follow. It was stupid, being watched like this- as if he were some child in need of babysitting.
He couldn't blame the league for not trusting him though. He was the number two hero. Such a big deal of a person didn't normally just decide to up and switch sides.
His thoughts drifted slowly. He could have fallen asleep if it weren't for his mind deciding to jar him back to Dabi kissing him.
The thought upset him.
He shouldn't have kissed back. Still... A small part of him wanted that again. That tiny piece of him that he was most ashamed of.
Hawks found it selfish to indulge in pointless fantasies. So why was his brain not stopping when he was asking it to?
After a moment, one thought struck him. It was a rather impure one.
With that he sprung out of bed, hurrying to the kitchen. Turning on the faucet, he splashed cold water on his face.
A deep laugh burst out behind him.
"Am i such bad company that you're going to drown yourself in the sink?"
Hawks turned, glaring at Dabi. "Shut up, dick."
This caused the villain to smirk. "Is that all I am to you, just a dick?"
Hawks felt his cheeks burn. He couldn't think of a response. Turning, he said, "I- I have hero work to do."
He flinched at the sudden pressure against his back. Dabi was leaning on him, pressing him to the counter.
"Really? I'm pretty sure you don't need to head out on a bad leg. Flying off won't straighten your thoughts," he growled in Hawks's ear.
The hero shivered slightly. "What's that supposed to mean?"
Dabi stroked his feathers, making him blush harder. "Generally, when someone is a red faced as you are right now, they're thinking of something fun."
"Just get off of me," Hawks snapped. "I'm going out."
Dabi backed off, huffing.
Hawks threw on a shirt before opening his the door to his balcony.
"Be a good bird," burnt toast called.
The hero ignored him, jumping off the railing.