How Did He Find Me?

Hawks sat on the edge of a rooftop, deep in the city.
A soft breeze rustled his feathers, making him shiver.
"I'll be damned." A voice broke the silence.
Stiffling a gasp, Hawks turned slowly to face the stranger.
In the edges of the shadows, a tall figure loomed. He wore a long black coat with short sleeves. His white shirt hung low, exposing his collarbones and upper chest.
"How did you find me, Dabi?" Hawks asked.
Dabi smiled, making his staples click. "I have my ways bird."
He walked over, sitting next to the winged hero on the rooftop edge.
Hawks tensed his muscles, ready to fly away if necessary. It was unusual for a league member to randomly approach him without contacting before hand.
"Don't give me that look." Dabi ran a hand through his black hair.
"I don't know what you're playing at, but if you need something than spit it out."
The scarred man laughed. "Maybe I don't need anything. Maybe I just wanted to take in the sights. The city is beautiful at night."
Hawks rolled his eyes. "You didn't come to see the sights. You're one of the most wanted criminals in all of Japan, you wouldn't risk getting caught just to see some lights."
"My my, it appears you do have a brain in that head after all!"
The city lights reflected steadily in his deep blue eyes.
Hawks scooted away from him. He figured it'd be best to just head back to his apartment and get some rest. He was feeling tired despite it having been a rather ineventful day. Maybe if he hurried-
"Look feathers," Dabi broke Hawks's train of thought. "It's cold back at the hideout."
Hawks hesitated. He wasn't sure why he was being told this. "And what does that have to do with me? If you're cold, just use your quirk."
Dabi looked out at the city in silence for a long moment before responding. "Okay look, I pissed Shigaraki off and he needs time to cool down before I return or he'll desintigrate me."
Hawks felt his stomach drop. "Okay. What do you want me to do about it?" His voice shook slightly.
A smile curled on Dabi's lips. "I need a place to stay for the night. You're clearly available, so I'm bunking with you."
Hawks wasn't sure if he was joking or not. Why would Dabi stay with him? Surely there were other places he could go?
"Absolutely not." He snapped.
No way was he gonna give in and let someone so cunning and malicious into his home.
"You can't stop me. I've made up my mind." Dabi stood.
"I'm going to pretend this conversation never happened. I'm going home and you aren't joining."
This made Dabi smirk. He grabbed Hawks by his wings, dragging him to his feet.
Hawks gasped in shock as he was spun to face Dabi. Their faces were almost touching.
"I know where you live, Hawks. If you leave me here then I'll show up anyway."
Hawks shoved Dabi away, immediately taking to the sky. He flew as fast he could, taking a long and twisty route home.
It was almost an hour later when he flew through his open window. He quickly closed and locked it before turning to face his living room.
The room was caked in shadows, making his skin crawl.
There was no possible way Dabi knew where he lived, or could have followed him. He had nothing to worry about... Right?
Hawks hesitantly took his shoes off and set them by the door. He then hung his coat on the rack. Nothing seemed out of place.
Everything was still and usual.
Relaxation and tiredness gradually overtook him until his eyelids felt like cement.
Doing one last big sweep of the apartment, checking behind furniture and in cabinets, he deemed it safe.
Finally, he entered his bedroom. It was too dark to see, but he knew his way around so he found it easy to avoid running into anything.
He took off his shirt and work pants, tossing them aside. He'd get them tomorrow.
Hawks flopped onto his mattress, accepting the warm embrace of his Endeavor themed comforter.
After adjusting his wings, he got into a comfortable position and began to drift into a deep sleep.

Hawks felt movement stir near him. He sat bolt upright.
He really didn't feel like dealing with a burglar in his underwear. Or worse, dealing with a spider in his underwear.
Glancing around the room, he found nothing changed other than the streak of moonlight leaking from between the curtains.
Mumbling curses to himself, he got out of bed, wincing at the cold floor.
Just as he pulled the curtain shut, a hand wrapped around his mouth. A second hand held his wrists behind his back.
"Surprised to see me?" A rough voice growled in his ear.
Hawks felt a rush of cold panic. Dabi really had shown up.
Hawks bit down on Dabi's hand. Dabi grunted, yanking his hand away. "Into biting are you? I can play dirty too."
Hawks was promptly shoved to the floor, smacking his head painfully on the wood.
Before he could move Dabi was on top of him. "Nice flame underwear, number two."
Hawks felt his face turn red. "Get off of me!"
Dabi smirked down at him. "Or what?"
Hawks shot a feather at him, which he only narrowly avoided.
"Calm down. I'm just having some fun with you." Dabi stood, smoothing his dark coat.
Hawks glared up at him with cold eyes.
Dabi extended a hand to Hawks, which he ignored. Hawks stood up and folded his arms across his chest.
"What are you doing here? It's like three in the morning!" He scolded.
"Actually, it's two thirty."
"Same difference."
Dabi sat on Hawks's bed with his legs folded beneath him.
Hawks cringed at the thought of what kind of grime was being smudged on his blanket.
"I told you I was coming," Dabi said.
Hawks let out an exasperated sigh. "I didn't believe you!"
"I'm a man of my word."
Hawks ran a hand through his ruffled blond hair. What was he going to do? Dabi was in his apartment, which clearly meant that the villains knew where he lived. How did they track him?
He just stood, watching Dabi for a long moment, lost in thought.
He liked this area. It was quiet here. He didn't want to have to move because he had been found, but he couldn't risk staying either.
For now, it'd be smart to not get on Dabi's bad side. Maybe if he let him stay just for tonight it'd be fine.
Hawks was brought back to the present by Dabi throwing his shoes against the wall, leaving muddy smudges where they hit.
Hawks shot him a glare. Dabi simply smiled in response and began taking off his jacket and shirt.
"Woah woah, what do you think you're doing?" Hawks gasped.
"Getting ready for bed." Dabi laughed at the look of shock and appall on the hero's face.
The hero went out to his living room, grabbing the brown throw blanket off the couch. He returned to his room a moment later, tossing it at the staple faced man.
Dabi caught the blanket in one hand. He got off Hawks's bed and laid the blanket on the floor.
"The Endeavor blanket is a bit overkill, fanboy," he remarked.
Hawks felt a wave of embarrassment. "Were you hoping I'd have a blue flame themed room?" He shot back.
After a moment's hesitation Dabi responded in a soft voice, "yeah, actually."
Hawks didn't know how to respond. He just walked over to his bed and crawled back under his covers.
Both Dabi and Hawks were awake for several more hours, though they didn't exchange a single word. They both assumed the other was asleep.
Not wanting to be vulnerable, they laid tense in the darkness until Dawn's light slipped through the curtains.

- End of Chapter 1-