Strip, Feathers

Hawks heard his stomach growling, but paid it no mind. He didn't want to eat. He didn't deserve it.
The hero hadn't moved from the corner of his bed all day. He was still wearing his torn work clothes from several days before; he just couldn't bring himself to take them off to change.
He had scarcely gone to the bathroom either, but he didn't need to go often seeing as he had stopped eating and barely drank.
He heard his front door click open and flinched, gripping the coffee can in his hand.
What was wrong with him? He shouldn't be scared! He's the number two hero!
It didn't matter anymore though, he could be scared because he wouldn't fight if anyone came to get him. It'd be so nice for someone to kill him right about now.
Snap out of it. You know better than to think like that, he silently scolded himself.
He took another sip of his coffee right as his bedroom door opened.
Keeping his eyes glued to the floor, he shuffled his feet nervously.

Dabi opened Hawks's bedroom door and his smile instantly left him. The hero was staring off into space, tightly clutching a dinted coffee can.
He was still in his clothes from the night of the incident.
His blond hair was sticking out in all different directions.
The worst part was probably the smell though, it was like sweat and piss.
Had he even moved from that spot in the last couple days?
"Hey, Feathers," Dabi said, plopping down beside him.
The hero barely blinked in response, so Dabi cautiously put his arm around his shoulders.
"You doing okay?"
Hawks flinched but leaned against him. "I'm great."
Oh Birdie...
"You don't have to lie. You can tell me."
The hero bit his lip, his wings fluttering. "I really don't want to talk about it."
Dabi sighed. "That's fine, but we need to get you cleaned up."
Hawks flinched away from him. "We?" His voice cracked.
"You clearly aren't going to do it yourself. Look, if it makes you more comfortable, I promise I won't laugh."
"What would you be laughing at?"
"Nothing."
"Look, I'd rather not-"
Before he could finish speaking, Dabi had picked him up, grunting with effort.
He carried him to the bathroom and started the water in the tub.
Thank goodness he's got a big ass bath, Dabi thought.
"Strip, Feathers."
Hawks shuffled his feet. "Look, I can take care of myself-"
"If you were going to take care of yourself you would've already done it." Dabi checked the water temperature before continuing, "besides, if you won't strip yourself, I'll have to and I really don't want to cause you ptsd."
Hawks grunted begrudgingly before turning his back to the villain and ever so slowly peeling his jacket off.
Dabi watched carefully, looking for any signs of newly inflicted injuries. He'd noticed a few tiny scars on the hero before that had faded almost out of existence, but it had been clear what they were from. To his relief, he saw nothing new. Most of the injuries from Madusa had faded to harsh bruises. The sight made him want to kill her again.
Hawks stopped at his shredded shirt, hands trembling. "I can't do it."
Dabi felt his stomach drop. This hero really was broken, a shell of himself.
Without a word he gently helped the hero peel off his clothes, turning around respectfully when it came time to drop the boxers.
He heard muffled cries as the other man removed his last piece of clothing.
Despite the urge to peek, he kept one hand over his eyes, the other hand being gripped by Hawks who was gingerly stepping into the tub.
After a moment of nothing but splashing sounds, the hero said, "you can look now."
Dabi uncovered his eyes. The blond man was sitting in water up to his hips with a washcloth placed between his legs.
Dabi smirked. "Perfect censorship!"
The hero laughed, splashing him.
What a magical thing it was to hear him laugh again.

"Dumb ass!" Hawks ran a hand through his blond hair- or rather, tried to. His fingers got tangled in his now greasy locks.
He sighed, his smile fading as he leaned against the back of the tub.
It was silent for a long time, neither man saying anything. Hawks almost forgot the other man was there until the villain had crossed the bathroom.
He came back a moment later, kneeling beside the tub with a fresh washcloth in hand.
Hawks watched as the stapled bitch removed his coat, tossing it to the side. He bit his lip, taking in Dabi's sleeveless low riding shirt.
Dabi reached into the water, wetting the cloth. He squirted soap onto it, not being able to stop from laughing at the fart noise the bottle made.
"What are you, twelve?" The hero retorted.
Without missing a beat the villain replied, "Twelve is the new eighteen."
Hawks felt his cheeks redden as Dabi slowly ran the cloth along his leg.
"You really don't need to-" he started, but was cut off.
"It's fine."
  They stayed silent, the only noise was the water splashing.
"Where's your comb?" Dabi asked, breaking the silence.
Hawks chucked. "I don't have one."
"Who doesn't own a comb?"
"Me."
Dabi shook his head before digging through his coat pockets. He pulled out a blue comb and began raking it through the hero's hair.
"Ow!" Hawks cried. "Don't you know how to be gentle?"
Dabi leaned in close to him, meeting his gaze. "Being gentle with you is no fun, Feathers."
Hawks felt his cheeks redden. His mind went to Madusa, but he pushed it back. Dabi's threat made him feel... odd. He liked it.
The villain kissed his forehead before continuing to fuss over his hair.
Hawks felt oddly safe with him. Nothing could ever go wrong with Dabi around... right?

After Dabi had finished washing the hero's hair, he had turned around once more, letting the other man wrap up in his towel in private.
"Dabi?" Hawks's voice was gentle.
"Yeah?"
"When was the last time you got cleaned up in warm water?"
Dabi turned to face him now, shrugging his shoulders. He hadn't really thought about it before. The League generally took turns once a week showering with a cold bucket.
"You should get a shower," Hawks said, walking past him into the bedroom. "You smell like death."
"That's what happens when half of your flesh is burnt apart and stapled back on."
After a few back and forth comments, Dabi finally agreed.
He threw his shirt begrudgingly at Hawks, feeling smug satisfaction in the hero's small shriek as it hit him in the face.
He then closed the bathroom door halfway and unbuckled his belt.
After adjusting the water temperature and pressure, he dropped his pants. He hadn't bothered with wearing underwear, they always tugged his lower staples and made them itch.