Driving through the suburban streets, I still marvel at the fact that I can see. Never will I forget the pain I endured to get to where I am now and I still keep in touch with everyone back in Italy.

Actually, we're going back there in a few months for vacation.

"Mom!"

"Mommy!"

"Ma!"

"Momma!"

I chuckle as the kids drive Audra insane.

But that's what family's for, right?

~~~~~~~

Audra's POV

I love my kids but they're getting on my last damn nerves this morning.

"Baby, drive a little faster. These kids are about to get an ass whoopin if they don't LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE!"

Té chuckles as the car suddenly gets silent.

"You'll get it too Te."

He shuts up quickly.

I turn around to look at my children and a pang of sadness sinks into my chest. Lenzo and Damien look so much like Leo and I miss him. However, I've never let myself ruminate on how things would have been if he was still alive for long periods of time.

The boys do know about their father but I refuse to tell them anything about the circumstances of his death. They just know that they have a daddy in the sky watching over them wherever they go, and a daddy here with them as well.

I figured they should know while they were going to prevent any conflict in the future. The news was received well and when all of the kids say their prayers at night, they also "tell" Leo things too. I find it adorable because his memory is honored and cherished even by children that aren't his (Zylah and Maya).

This baby keeps kicking the shit out of me...he better grow up to be a soccer champion or something. Trying to get comfortable, I adjust my rose pink maxi dress only for part of my breast to be exposed.

I'm comfortable with my body so if I don't feel like wearing a bra, I don't.

And Té sure noticed.

"Eyes on the road!" I scold him.

He ignores my words and just winks at me.

Rolling my eyes at look at my children sitting groggily in their seats. Guess the excitement wore off early.

*****

"Baby you're so sexy..." Té whispers while trying to catch his breath.

Good thing this pregnancy has my hormones through the roof because this man is insatiable!

I check the time... shit!

"It's 12:15. We have a half hour to make it to lunch with everyone!" Té groans but I'm already moving around like I'm on speed.

We're having lunch with Alex and EsDena (They've been married 8 years), Mary and Vince, Karmen and Marc (They tied the knot a week after we did), Dani and Tyrell, James and his girlfriend Esmerelda (he's grown up so much!), as well as Ranisha and Latoya along with their husbands.

Looking in out closer for something else to wear, I come across the old wrinkly piece of paper that changed our life...Té's will. It was hidden underneath his childhood home.

We used to money to build a dream house, invest, and put the rest away for the kids.

Taking a moment to appreciate all I have, I feel joy flow throughout me.

I never thought I'd be here.

"You are my life, I love you Audra." Té turns me around and kisses my neck.

"I love you too Danté." I return tender kisses on his lips.

"You know something? Our skin contrasts so much..." He always marvels at out skin tones.

"The heart doesn't see; love is color blind..."

------------------------------------------

And that is the end everyone! What did you think of the story?

If you haven't, please check out my other stories Walking on Thin Ice and Serenade!

I want to thank all of my readers and to those who voted, commented, and shared this book. I've never written anything this long and I'm blessed to have been on this journey with every single one of you guys.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart❤️

- Deeja