May 25, 2015

(AN: y'all I don't ship mileven but it's kinda needed for this chapter to progress. And there might be more flashback chapters bc ion have any ideas for texting ones >:( )

"Mom," 11 year old Mike Wheeler whined, "This hurts!"

His mother continued brushing her son's hair, "I know! But I'm almost done!" She swiped a finger in gel and applied it to Mike's hair. "There."

Mike looked at himself in the mirror. Karen was forcing him to go to a dance, to be more social if you will. Apparently only having two friends isn't acceptable in Karen's eyes. He had on a tux, red tie, and khakis. She quickly rushed him outside of the bathroom, revealing Nancy waiting with her phone out. "Don't you dare," he growled to his sister.

"I dare," she smirked and took a picture of him, "Just making memories."

"Mom!"

"Claudia's car is outside, hurry!" Karen opened the door, "Have fun, honey!" She kissed his forehead.

Mike rolled his eyes and went to his front lawn, seeing a small car in the parking space. He walked a bit downhill to the car and got in, Lucas was already there. Dustin was in the front eating cheese puffs. "Hello, Michael!" Claudia greeted him, slowly pulling out and onto the street.

"Hi, Ms. Henderson," Mike nodded and stared out the window. He heard Dustin telling his mother a story, but it was just simply white noise. Soon, he saw a crowded parking lot to the middle school. It was filled to the max (haha more like mad max iF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) with excited pre-teens. The three boys got out the car and met Jane Elle Hopper near the entrance.

"Hi Ellie!" Lucas greeted and waved at her. Mike cringed at the sight of his ex girlfriend, who he broke up with 4 month ago.

"Hi Dusty! Hi Lucas!" She hugged both of them. She paused when she saw Mike, smile dropping almost instantly, "Mike."

Jane narrowed her hazel eyes at him. She seemed to still be hurt from the breakup, rightfully so. Mike scratched the back of his neck, "Hi, Jane."

"El! Come in! We-" a red headed girl shouted from the school entrance. She was wearing a fluffy green dress, white tights, and Mary Janes. When the unknown girl went over, she gave Mike the exact look Jane gave him. Maybe even meaner, "Oh. Is this him?"

"Mhm," Jane looked at her, "Lucas, Dustin, meet my friend Max Mayfield. We met a few weeks ago."

"Hey! Jane has told me so much about you, Lucas!" Max held out her hand, waiting for Lucas to shake it, "You wanna take skateboarding lessons, yeah? I can teach you!"

Lucas shook it. Mike noticed Dustin slightly deflating from his usual chipper mood. Maybe he had a crush on this girl, Max? "Well, I would say I'm a pretty likable person," Lucas bragged jokingly.

Max chuckled and turned to Jane, "Anyways, Will's inside the guys bathroom. He won't come out."

Mike furrowed his eyebrows, was this Jane's new boyfriend? "Seriously? Why?" El frowned.

"Apparently he got stood up," Max informed her. Mike, Lucas, and Dustin all shifted glances awkwardly, "Wait. Can one of them go and try to get him out?"

Jane stared at her for a second. She looked over the three boys in front of her again. "Have you tried to get him out?"

"Yeah! But I only hear him sniffling and crap," Max gave her a sympathetic look.

"Fine, uhm," Jane locked eyes with Mike, "Mike. Do me a favor and check...which one is he in?"

"Nearest to the gymnasium."

"Yeah, there. It'll be the least you could do after...that," Mike sighed. He didn't say no, he didn't want this Max chick to beat him up or something. She seemed like the type of person to do that. Mike rolled his eyes and began making his way to the gym, purposefully shoving Max a little to the side with his shoulder. He heard a few scoffs and ignored them.

Mike headed down the pale peach hallway, sounds becoming more audible the closer he got to the bathroom. Swinging open the bathroom door, he heard heartbreaking sounds echoing off the graffitied walls. "Uh, hey. I'm Jane's friend, she told me to check on you."

"Who are you?"

"My names Mike. What's yours?"

What's your name? I'd really like to know about you...

"Will. Will Byers."

Too bad I stopped at hello.

The voice seemed a bit higher than his, but only by a smudge. "Um, are you okay?"

"Ye- no. Not really," Will sighed.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Uh, I'm fine. Thanks for the offer," he heard the stall door click open. Mike flushed instantly at the sight before him.

There was possibly one of the cutest, prettiest, innocent looking boys he's ever seen. Will had long eyelashes and wide doe like eyes, which really made his green/hazel iris color pop out. Will was much smaller and more petite than Michael, which only inflamed this attraction to the stranger more. "Do I look bad? You won't stop staring at me."

I just stared, and you grinned...

Mike flinched and shook his head, "N-n-no, just dozed off. You look pret- fine."

"Hey, can I hang with you tonight?" Will tilted his head, "I love Jane and Max, but I need to be around some guys for a while."

Hanging around a cute boy for 3 hours? Mike thanked his lucky stars, "Sure! Uh-uh-um, lets go meet my friends."

Looking back it was just one big whirlwind.
One big emotional whirl wind.

Dustin and Lucas were already outside waiting for Mike. "Who's this little guy?" Lucas asked, smiling at Will.

"It's the guy Jane and Max told us about," Dustin reminded him. Lucas held out his hand and waited for Will to shake it.

Mike couldn't stop thinking about Will. What were his hobbies? What was his sexuality? What did he like and dislike? So many questions. But he didn't believe in love at first sight. Will was simply pretty to Mike. Yeah, that's it. Boys could be pretty. But Will was beautiful. He was possibly the most attractive person he's ever s-

Dustin pinched his cheek, "You're so adorable!" Mike tried to ignore the comment Dustin made to Will, but it was nearly impossible. Dustin was straight. Yeah, so he probably meant it not romantically. And he saw him staring at Lucas a few times, so if he was gay, then he'd most likely like Lucas.

"I-I've never been called that before," Will said shyly.

"C'mon, you just met him," Mike intruded on the conversation, "you're already in love?"

Dustin threw his head back and laughed, "You know I'm affectionate, Michael! Get off my back!"

(AN: guys I think I'm starting to ship will and Dustin 😔. But aye, at least I'm getting more ideas for flashback chapters!)