Twenty: Emerald Eyes

Ello there
long time no read
sorry it's taken me so long to update
cant promise this will be a regular thing but I'll try...

Make sure to check out my Spotify *linked on my profile* to check out the playlist for this story;)

Enjoy!

I walk into Temptations with finally fresh new clothes and a fresh mind. Well...a semi-fresh mind. Alex asked me to meet up with him tonight--that's what he told me after class after he gave Stefy and I an obviously fake "lecture" about talking whilst our superiors are speaking.

Even though during the entire thing he kept on shooting me his very obvious bedroom eyes...

"0 for 5, sugar tits. You're gonna have to try a lot harder than that if you want to beat me," I hear Jason yell over the bumping music as I start to approach the crowded bar.

"Sugar tits? What the hell type of pet name is that, asswipe?" Brooke fires back at him with an eye roll and I laugh as Jason starts making kissing faces at her.

"0 for 5 at what?" I ask them as I sit on one of the empty barstools that I was surprisingly able to find. "Did you guys make a bet or something?"

"That's exactly what we did!" Jason beams as he hands a customer their drink.

"No, that's exactly what you did," Brooke interjects with obvious annoyance which causes me to grin. The way Jason can easily get underneath her skin if very amusing to me. Though, he can easily get underneath anyone's skin. "You were the one who proposed the bet, I never agreed to actually doing it."

Proposed...

I've heard way too many different verity's of that word in the past 48 hours.

"If I wanted to beat you, I very easily could've done it by now," Brooke argues. Jason shakes his head at her while smirking.

"Excuses, excuses, Brooklyn. You're just in denial because you're loosing to an asswipe like me," Jason contradicts, using Brookes previous nickname for him against her, making her shoot him a stern glare.

I swear, they banter as if they're an old married couple.

"Hey uh, have you guys seen Alex--I mean--have you guys seen your boss anywhere?" I finally manage to ask them. I'm trying not to make what Alex and I are doing obvious....but I sure as hell don't want to randomly walk into his office again and repeat what happened last time.

"Um, I'm not sure. I haven't seen him around here yet, which is weird because he's usually here to check things out by now," Brooke answers my question and I slowly nod. "What's up with you constantly looking for him? You secretly screwing him or something?"

Her last choice of words cause me to choke on my own spit and send me into a coughing fit.

"What-the-hell?" I ask between coughs. "Why--why would you think that?"

"Yeah that's obviously not the case, B," Jason jumps in with a laugh that only proves he thinks the thought of Alex and I together is either repulsive or just ridiculous.

Oh shit! Please don't tell me she's already figured it out...

After a couple of seconds of Brooke just staring between Jason and I, she finally breaks out into a howl of laughter.

Didn't think she'd find this so funny?

"God...you should totally see your guys' faces right now. Fucking hell this priceless," Brooke finally confesses.