Thick ice

Poppy was starting to worry. The party preparations were basically finished and they were ready to begin, but aside from the funk trolls only the classical trolls had arrived. They were still missing the techno, country, and rock trolls. Poppy decided to herself that the others were just late. The country trolls had a long journey to get there and Barb was fine now with the other trolls, and Trollex wouldn't miss the party. Right?

    Branch watched her worry grow with a sigh before finally going over to put out the flame of panic growing inside Poppy. "Poppy, maybe we should just start without them. Focus on the nations already here. Might be better to start small anyway. Besides, Trollex has rebuilding to do."

    "Yah, yah! You're right Branch. We can still make this a great party."

    "I'm hurt you thought I wouldn't come." Trollex said suddenly while hovering over Poppy. Poppy jumped forward surprised, but then smiled when she recognized Trollex with BDB in his arms. "You came!" She exclaimed, running forward to give him a quick hug. BDB called out for air causing Poppy to retreat back.

    "You're late Trollex. You didn't have to come if you needed to rebuild." Branch stepped in.

    Trollex smiled. "We're making good progress so I thought this would be a good way to give my trolls a break. Plus this will be a good way to finally break the ice between the other nations. Speaking of which, where are the country and rock trolls?"

    "Either late or not coming. I vote not coming." Branch crossed his arms. Poppy ignored him. "We don't want to rush anyone. If they don't come.....then they don't come."

Poppy tried to hide the pause in her words, but Trollex noticed it easily. However not mentioning it. Poppy put on her biggest smile and grabbed Branch and Trollex's hand, leading them over to the others so they could start the party.

It didn't go well.

All of the nations stuck to being around their own kind, even the pop trolls despite Poppy's encouragement to make new friends. Trollex began to notice the dirty and untrustful looks that were being shot at the pop trolls from time to time. Even his own trolls stuck mainly to the small pools or rivers away from the other nations. Poppy thought the glitter cannons would help, but everytime they were fired either the funk trolls would be surprised or the classical trolls found it distasteful. It made Trollex frown to see Poppy try so hard to make the other nations feel comfortable together only for the ice to thicken. It probably didn't help that the pop trolls had an overwhelming amount of glitter themed decorations that even made himself a bit unease. When Poppy wasn't looking Trollex slipped away to the river.

He spotted Wave seated along the bank a bit further from the others, while BDB was swimming patterns with Vibe. Trollex lowered into the water, finding it calmed his nerves. Maybe it was too soon to be introducing themselves so closely to the other nations.

Vibe swam over to Trollex with BDB not far behind. "Trouble in paradise King Trollex?" she asked while BDB swam into his arms.

Trollex let out a small sigh. "Something like that."

Vibe was about to respond when a voice cut her off. "Wait! This can still work, don't go!"

Trollex recognized Poppy's voice and quickly hovered over with Vibe close on his tail. When they got over the funk and classical trolls were leaving. Poppy tried to stop them, but they shrugged her off and left the area. None of the other pop trolls seemed to care. Trollex watched Branch go over to Poppy to halt any more attempts to stop the nations from leaving. Trollex sighs and turned to Vibe. "Come on, we're going home."