Reunited

Sorry for the wait and short part. The next will be longer and worth the wait!

——————
    It had surely passed midnight,but no matter how much he tossed and turned, Trollex couldn't convince his eye to stay shut. Pushing himself up he sighed, blaming the recent homesickness for his lack of sleep. He glanced over at his comrades fast asleep under their blankets with a fire near them for extra warmth. Trollex had positioned himself away from the fire and closer to water to prevent from drying out. Trollex looked back at the water, pictureing his home with all of its colours and music swimming through the currents. That version of his home would be lost forever if he didn't get his string back.

    Trollex released another sigh, but halted mid-way when he heard his name being called softly. He looked to see if it came from Poppy or Branch, but they were both still asleep. Trollex figured he'd just imagined it.

"Trollex!" The unknown voice called again, sounding much closer. Close enough that Trollex could recognize the voice. Quickly looking up, tears came to his eyes at the sight of BDB swimming towards him. Trollex plunged into the water and swam towards his friend as fast as he could. Meeting halfway before the green fish lunged into Trollex's arms. Trollex hugged him still not believing it was real.

"I can't believe it! How did you find me?" Trollex asked after loosening his grip ever so slightly.
"I started looking as soon as the others found you gone. They figured you'd gone after the string, everyone is so worried about you.
"I'm sorry I left so suddenly, but I wanted to get the string back without putting anyone in danger."
BDB smiled, "I understand, but everyone would have wanted to help you. It's their string and music too."
"I realize that now, I'm glad you're here, but I don't have the string yet."
BDB nuzzled against Trollex to offer comfort. "We'll get it back."
Trollex nodded, feeling better having a friend and piece of home with him after travelling with strangers. He was about to wake Poppy and the others to introduce them to BDB when he suddenly felt the current harshly push against them. Trollex turned to find the rock troll's ships headed straight towards them.
"Sooner than we may like."