New nations

Quarantine challenge for you all. If you have an artsy mind. Draw your favourite scene from my story so far. Then send it to me by message. My favourites will be posted on my Instagram story "skyhighart"

Enjoy!
———————————————————————

Barb watched from the ship's entrance as Trollex swam away. He was a lot faster now since Barb had allowed him to gather some strength back from his string before he left. The light reflecting from his body finally disappeared into the depths. Barb spun around and retreated back into the ship. The mouth zipped shut and legs sprouted from beneath the belly, allowing the ship to travel on land. Barb flopped onto a heap that resembled a chair and pulled out the card previously sent to her by Poppy, the glitter bomb hidden inside now empty. Twisting it back and forth she recalled her purpose for doing all of this, she would unite all the trolls under rock and create one strong nation of trolls. No pop troll was going to mess it all up and divide the nations further. Barb ripped the ice cream shaped card in half and scattered the pieces.

Soon the ship slowed to a stop. Barb pushed herself up as new trolls entered the ship. Bounty hunters that were also eager to save their individual musics. All of them serving as backup plans in case Trollex failed or decided to turn against her.

Trollex wanted to put as much distance as possible between himself and the ship. He followed the river, hoping it would soon lead him to one of the other territories so he could warn them about Barb and hopefully run into Poppy and the others. He knew Barb would quickly realize that he tricked her into setting him free, but if Poppy's original plan of uniting the nations worked it would be worth the risk.

The river started to warm up as the sun was no longer blocked by trees and the surroundings turned from grass to sand. With the air so dry he'd have to keep hovering through the air to a minimum. Trollex heard footsteps and turned to find two country trolls staring at him, their horse-like bodies giving their genre away.

"What're you doing here?"
"You're a techno troll right? Little far from your territory?"

Trollex swam closer. "Yes, I'm a techno troll. I've come to warn your leader about the rock trolls. Their leader stole the techno string and is after the others."

The two country trolls glanced at each other  as if considering the truth behind his statement before looking back at Trollex. "The nations are still separate, we'll pass on your message to our leader, but you need to move on."

Trollex was a bit frustrated, but figured it was the best he could do and turned to leave, but he quickly remembered his other goal and hesitated. "Wait, has a pink or blue troll passed by your territory recently?"

The one country troll shook his head. "Seen no other nation round here aside from you, why?"

"Nevermind." Trollex dove under and swam back along the river, leaving their territory. Trollex finally rested after what seemed like hours of travel. He sat on one of the rocks near the shore and watched the sky, hoping to see the air balloon pass overhead. When it didn't Trollex sighed, he'd been hoping to meet up with the others and be able to see BDB again.
The day had passed quickly and the sky grew darker, Trollex had begun to doze off when he suddenly felt the touch of the ground move away. He opened his eyes to find that he was being lifted from the ground in a giant bubble. Trollex pushed on the side of the bubble, but it didn't pop, quite strong for a bubble. The bubble continued to lift him higher into the sky until he was among the clouds. Suddenly a giant spaceship came into view, the bubble now moving towards it. It floated through one of the openings into a tube. Trollex hovered within the bubble, looking around at the world that lived inside the ship.
All around him funk trolls, which walked on all fours, flooded all levels of the enclosed city. Singing, dancing, all without any disturbances.

The bubble moves higher into a room and sets Trollex on the floor before finally popping. Trollex was relieved to be free from it. Trollex looked around the room. The walls were very colourful along with the furniture, every surface decorated with jewels or glitter. The door creaked open behind him.

"Welcome techno troll."  

Meanwhile, Poppy, Branch and BDB were on their way to the Country troll's territory. The air around them grew drier and hotter the further in they went. Branch and Poppy took turns checking the water level for BDB. Once they arrived and after much demand from Branch they landed the balloon in a more hidden area instead of right out front like Poppy wanted. Since it was safer for BDB to stay where a water source was close by, Poppy and Branch headed to the country town alone.