Party?

If your oc wasn't added in this chapter. Don't worry. I'll get them all in!
———————————————————————

"And so the strings were destroyed, but then all the trolls realized that they didn't need the strings and that music lived within their hearts." Poppy read, flipping the page while smiling at the younger trolls gathered in a circle around her. Holding up the next scrapbook page she continued. "The trolls put aside their differences and realized they're not so different after all. Allowing them to finally-"

    "Live in harmony!" One of the young funk trolls finished for her.
    Poppy chuckles at the young troll's enthusiasm, leaning down to his level. "Exactly, harmony. Well that's all I have for you today." Poppy said, closing her book and placing it back on the shelf.

    The young trolls all frown disappointed. "But we want to hear more of the story."

    "I know and I'd love to tell you stories all day, but then we'd miss the party. Now run along you little gumdrops."

    The young trolls all exchanged excited glances and ran outside. Branch dodged them as he entered the room. "Nice story telling Poppy. I don't know how you control that many young trolls."

    "I love the younger trolls, they have so much energy and light in them. How are the party preparations going?"

    "We're pretty much done. Let's just hope all the different trolls show up."

    Poppy tilted her head slightly. "Why wouldn't they? The funk trolls came."

    Branch shrugs. "I know that Barb is technically good now and all music is safe, but I doubt It'll be easy for everyone to be comfortable with each other after being separated for so long. I'm just saying be prepared for not every nation to show up. Especially Barb after the whole incident. We both know the funk trolls are here mostly thanks to Cooper."

    "Don't be silly." Poppy felt a small frown creep on her face, but she quickly shoved it away with a small smile. "Well ,at least we know that Trollex will come. I mean, we all travelled together. We're friends." She added trying to sound hopeful.

    "I want him to come, I want all of the nations to come, but he has his music back, they all do. That's what he was after." Branch explained.

    Poppy refused to let herself believe Branch's words even if she saw some truth behind them. Trying to offer herself a distraction she suggested they check on how preparations were going. Outside the funk trolls were helping finish the party preparations, setting up tables, hanging balloons and streamers, and most importantly setting up hidden glitter cannons. Poppy smiled and pretended not to notice that the funk and pop trolls mostly worked around their own nation. Branch frowned seeing the reality of the situation. Most trolls that did arrive would most likely stay around their own kind. Branch felt like Poppy was rushing the nations to come together too quickly, but he kept silent about it. Silently hoping he was wrong.

    Back in the waters of the Techno reef, the mer trolls were hard at work repairing the last of the damage done by Barb's visit. Trollex came out to check on the progress with BDB close behind him. The Dj stand hadn't been prioritized since rebuilding homes was more important. Parties could wait, but Trollex hoped that things would normalize soon since his trolls were showing the need to have something to band them back together. Living with the other trolls in harmony was a concept that had been lost before many of his techno trolls were born, making it a hard way of life to accept so quickly. A problem that could divide even within his own home.

    Trollex pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind and tried to focus on his techno trolls. BDB swam up to the front. "You seem distracted Trollex."

    Trollex knew it was hard to hide anything from his friend. "I admit I'm not sure going to Poppy's party is the best idea. I feel like it's too soon."

    "But we all got along fine when we were traveling together."

    "I know, but the others were caught up in the mess and didn't get to see two sides of the situation. I can understand if they feel uncertain about living no longer separate from the other trolls."

    "Well, then the party is a great way to introduce them to the other nations properly. I admit when I came to find you I was only concerned with bringing you home, not what happened to the other nations, but now I feel more open to the idea after seeing how much the pop trolls have changed from their ancestors." He smiled.

    Trollex realized he was right. "You always know what to say."

    Two techno trolls swam towards Trollex and BDB. Trollex recognized Wave Glee with her dark purple body, speckled tail that matched his own, and her plum coloured hair that moved through the water like a second tail thanks to the pearl she used to keep it together at the tip. Swimming beside her was Vibe. A jet black techno troll with green pixels that decorated her whole body and blue hair tied in a similar ponytail to Wave. Trollex greeted them both. "How's rebuilding going?"

    "Smoothly, it should only take a day or two to complete." Wave explained.

    "At this rate the parties can begin again sooner than expected." Vibe added while doing a few loops with BDB playfully.

"Sooner than you think." Trollex said. "We're going to join the others at the victory party."

——————————————————