The Rock Troll's territory

West from the techno troll's home where the water first touched land, That's where Trollex was headed. He'd travelled without rest for hours, determined to recover the stolen string as quickly as possible. There was never any chance of him catching up with the submarines when relying simply on his tail. Trollex would have to sneak into enemy territory to find the string. At the very least locating the hard rock troll's territory wasn't difficult with the trail of pollution left behind by their machines. The murky guide felt like bait that he was willingly following to the trap. Trollex continued on regardless despite how much his condition was worsening.
The hard rock troll's territory could be described with one word, dangerous. Every inch could've housed a hidden trap or ambush. Dark skies and waters surrounded the structures in a dome-like form, hiding themselves from outside viewer.
King Trollex quickly swam behind a platform for cover, keeping a third of his body beneath the surface of the black water for good measure since his body was comprised of bright colours that stood out like a beacon in the dark of night. Even with less distance between the string and himself he could feel his energy weakening, he'd have to act fast. Queen Barb had most likely hidden the string within the centre of her dark fortress.
Trollex had left his home in a desperate rush, not considering how'd he'd rescue the string when he was confined to the waters due to his tail. He scanned the area for any point of suitable entry, a sewer system or even a small stream, nothing. Frustration began to set in, how could he hope to find the string when he couldn't even enter the structures?
Trollex had been so distracted by his thoughts that he didn't notice the two rock trolls walking along a nearby pier. The two spotted Trollex's bold body colours immediately, alerting the others and waving his arm towards Trollex. "Trespasser!"

Trollex snapped to attention as a spotlight ignited around him. Marking him as a target for the other rock trolls to close in on. Trollex dove under the water hoping to hide among the blackness, but the spotlight followed him easily. Eliminating his option of hiding while within the rock territory. Resurfacing Trollex quickly searched for an escape route. His eyes landed on a series of currents leading back to the ocean. If he could make it to one of the currents it would increase his speed and carry him to safety. With as much strength he could muster, Trollex swam towards the currents.

"Stop him! Don't let him escape!" One rock troll ordered the others. Trollex ignored them, focusing on reaching the currents before they had a chance to try anything. Trollex was one tail stroke away from reaching the current when a net fell around him and yanked him back.
"Looks like I caught a big one!" The troll gripping the net mocked while pulling Trollex further from the current as he thrashed around trying to get loose. He could feel the current fading to calmer waters and he was losing the strength to fight back. If the rock trolls took him captive he'd lose any hope of recovering the string and his home would be without its music, its life.
A few more tugs and he'd been within the rock troll's grasp, but Trollex wasn't going to give up that easily. With his last ounce of strength Trollex struck the water with his tail and jerked his body to the side causing the rock troll's grip on the net to break. Trollex immediately thrusts himself into the strong current, allowing the water carry him to safety.