Journey begins

Sorry bout the long wait. Enjoy. Things are getting hyped up after this part
————————————————————————

Trollex watched intently as the Pop trolls pulled together a massive balloon filled with hot hair and a basket attached that could fit a group of trolls. These leg sporting trolls may be overwhelming, but he admitted they did have crafty talents. They'd even constructed a basket large enough for Trollex to fit in and strong enough to hold water so he wouldn't dry out on the journey since traveling by air was faster and more efficient. Trollex admittedly was very nervous about going into the air with nothing but a thin balloon to prevent them from a fatal fall. The thought almost made Trollex reconsider agreeing to the plan.

Poppy skipped over to the pool, being in high spirits since Trollex accepted their help. "The balloon is all set, ready to go rescue your string?"
"If this is the fastest way to get my string back then yes."
Poppy jumped slightly with a sudden rush of joy and excitement before waving Branch over. Trollex watched Branch secretly shove a container into the balloon's basket before joining them. Together, Poppy and Branch lifted Trollex out of the pool and moved him to his new temporary inhabitants on board the air balloon. The others in the group joined them. The ropes were cut and the hot air balloon slowly began to raise them off the ground.
Trollex gripped the edge as the basket swung slightly against the air currents. He didn't dare look over the edge, afraid of knowing the extent of how high they currently were. The colder air temperature was enough for him. Poppy didn't seem to share the same fea as she leaned against the edge taking in the full view. Branch was fussing with the container he'd snuck aboard, but this time Poppy noticed.
"Whatcha got their Branch?" Poppy teased as she moved closer.
Branch scrambled to put the lid back on properly. "Nothing! Just man stuff."

"Oh I love man stuff! Let me see!" Poppy exclaimed. Branch jumped on top of the container in a desperate attempt to prevent Poppy's intrusion, but Poppy easily lifted him and the lid off to reveal a cluster of rocks and pointed sticks. Poppy shot Branch a look of disappointment. "Shame Branch, shame."

Trollex crossed his arms while leaning against the edge of his basket, watching a very low tempered argument between the two Pop trolls about the usefulness of wooden weapons. The argument quickly ended with Poppy kicking the container over the edge and letting it fall to the ground before. Trollex almost wished Branch had won the argument because of how hostile the Rock trolls had already proven to be and he doubted that just hugs alone would defeat them and protect the strings.

Poppy pulled out the map she'd received from her father. There were a lot more kingdoms of trolls than Trollex would've guessed.

"That's the Rock territory," Trollex pointed it out on the map. "No mistake about it."

"After we rescue your string we can head to these other territories to warn the other trolls." Poppy stated.
"I don't know if I can accompany you on the full journey, after I get my string it's important I return it to the reef and my trolls."

Poppy showed hints of a frown, but replaced it with a small smile. "I understand Trollex, I know how it feels to have a duty to protect your trolls."
Branch cut in, "let's discuss the plan."

Nighttime darkness had begun to creep into the sky. They'd finally settled on a plan to retrieve the string, but the day had passed and they'd decided to touch down instead of flying blindly in the dark. The balloon was set down beside a small beach allowing Trollex to hop into the ocean after being in such a small space for so long. Trollex felt much better actually having room to swim around. Poppy and the others rested on the beach while he explored the sea life under the surface, trying to determine their location based on the local species of fish and plants. A few green pufferfish passed by Trollex. They reminded him of his Beat Drop Bottom and best friend. A new wave of homesickness passed over him. He'd never been this far from his home, alone for that matter. It made him half wish BDB was with him now, but the chances of his even finding Trollex were slim to none. After giving up on pinpointing their current location Trollex returned to the others to try and get some sleep.