String of Chaos

Trollex sat in the corner of the cell, watching silently as the other leaders tried to find a way to escape. Turns out Tehno Reef had been Barb and Poppy's last stop. He didn't know what their intentions were. If Barb planned to try turning them all into rock zombies again he couldn't understand why Poppy would go along with that. And they hadn't captured the rest of his tribe, only trapped them within their own home.

    "We cannot sit around waiting while our homes are imprisoned." Trollzart said.

    "What exactly do you expect us to do? Friend?" The country leader asked, crossing her arms in irritation. She was missing her friend that usually hid inside her fluffy hair. Pennywhistle was missing as well which explained the Classical troll's eagerness to escape. Trollex understood the feeling remembering the expression of BDB when he was pulled away.

    "I do not know, but we must think of something. You, techno troll. You traveled with Poppy. Why is she helping Barb?" He asked while pointing to Trollex, almost accusatory.

        Trollex pushed himself up and hovered closer. "I'm just as confused as you."

    Trollzart seemed to back down. Everyone was tense from being captured again. Trollex sat back down. He could feel his skin starting to dry out which was making him uncomfortable but he tried not to let it show.

    Not long after a small group of rock trolls came to the cell. Wielding their weaponized guitars they rounded up the leaders and herded them out of the cell and down to the stage where Barb had previously had her final performance and execution of her plan. Each leader was forced onto one of the platforms and guarded by a pair of rock trolls to prevent escape. Trollex had flashbacks of seeing the now empty stands crowded with his subjects all forced to watch him change into rock. The stands were void now but that didn't change the unsettling feeling.

    Barb stalked onto the stage like she had during her final performance only this time Poppy followed close behind her. Trollex tried to go over to Poppy but the rock trolls forced him back with the threat of their guitars. Barb spun around to face the leaders and Poppy did the same. "Thank you all for coming. Today you will once again help us unite under one music." Barb stated as if the leaders had a choice.

    Trollzart glared and spoke up. "Do you intend to turn us into rock zombies again? You learn nothing from your past mistakes."

    "Of course not o' small one. Poppy, don't be shy, tell them the plan."

    Trollex willed her to say it wasn't true. That she hadn't resorted to helping Barb take over. Poppy stepped forward to speak. "You all will never be able to trust pop or rock trolls. So today we will create a new music to unite with. And eliminate all the others."

    The leader flew into a fit of rage. Queen Essence spoke the clearest. "You would do this and betray the other tribes after all you did to stop Barb? What about Cooper?"

    "This is what's best for everyone, even Cooper." Poppy responded dryly.

    Poppy waves to a waiting rock troll who then proceeds to carry over the white harp from the pop tribe. He hands it to Poppy and Trollex notices that it had a blank string weaved through it. Poppy settled the harp against her body and strummed the string. To Trollex's surprise it made no sound yet there seemed to be a noise vibration. Suddenly his chest began to burn. He clenched it and looked up to find the other leaders in a similar state of pain, even Poppy and Barb. A blue light shot out from within Trollex towards the harp before being absorbed by the blank string. One by one the music inside the leaders was ripped out and stored within the new string.

    Barb turned to Poppy. "Pass it here, I want to see if it worked."

    Poppy passed the harp to Barb who eagerly ran her hand across the string, letting out a chaotic sound that had been birthed from the leader's music.