Shattered trust

Welcome back everyone to part two of the story where we find trust being tested and see how far poppy is willing to go to achieve her goals.

I know I mentioned that I will be doing part two on a separate story but I find this more convenient. Sorry for any confusion.

Any plot ideas are appreciated.

Enjoy!
——————————————-/————————

 Trollex followed close behind Poppy and Branch as they headed through the Rock territory. It didn't surprise him that Branch had tagged along since he never seemed to let Poppy out of his sight. Poppy had been very quiet on the journey from Pop territory which was unusual given her outgoing personality. She was probably still upset from her party idea and joining the different trolls together going south. If Barb didn't agree with her idea to merge the tribes then none of them would. Trollex worried for his friend, hovering closer to place a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't give up yet, there's still a chance."

"Thanks Trollex. You coming means a lot."

"Happy to help."

The sound of approaching footsteps captured their attention. Trollex looked up to find two rock trolls halted in front of the entrance, neither wore a very welcoming expression. It felt they still saw us as an enemy, not that Trollex could blame them seeing how Barb tried to turn them all into rock zombies. They probably were just waiting for an inevitable attack to arrive at their doorstep. Poppy stepped to the front of their small group. "I've come to speak with Queen Barb."

"About what?" One of the guards asked with a glare.

"We missed her at the party, I've come to ask why."

The two guards glanced at each other before finally nodding. "Leaders only," they said, pointing at Branch to stay put. Branch crossed his arms and I could almost hear him muttering "I don't trust them," but he kept quiet for once.

Trollex followed Poppy inside. Trollex wrapped his arms around himself feeling uneasy being back inside the rock territory. The memories of being captured and caged flooding back to him. Having to leave his home to try and rescue their string only to end up displayed on a stage and focable changed in front of his entire tribe. Trollex shuttered which Poppy must've noticed because she gently patted his arm. "You ok."

"Yah, yah I'm ok." Trollex lied. He liked Poppy, but he didn't know if he would ever be able to trust the trolls that caused so much damage.

When they entered the main room at the top of the structure Queen Barb was sitting on a makeshift throne surrounded by items littered across the floor. A common trait of a rock troll. Barb noticed the two trolls and jumped up. "I wasn't expecting company Popsqueak, why are you here?

Poppy stepped closer while Trollex decided to keep his distance. "The rock trolls never arrived for the party. I understand your hesitance but if we want to truly untie the tribes we should learn to live closely. We don't want history to repeat itself. After what happened..." She stopped herself but it was too late.

"You mean what the rock trolls did, what I did." Barb finished for her.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's all in the past." Poppy quickly said but Barb looked unconvinced. Trollex frowned, this wasn't going well.

"Face it, your dream isn't realistic. No one will ever trust a rock troll now. Look at your fish friend. He's a perfect example. You really think he'd ever feel safe around us? He's practically ready to flee." Barb said harshly while gesturing to Trollex.

Poppy glanced back at Trollex who looked away uneasy. He knew she was right but it hurt more to see how the confirmation affected Poppy. She probably regretted bringing him along. "Trollex? Please say something."

Trollex sighed. "Poppy, maybe this is just too soon."

Poppy bite her lip, frustration creeping onto her face. "No, it's not true. We were one tribe at one point. United. We can be that way again. I won't rest until I find a way and everyone is happy in harmony. "

"Poppy..."

Poppy stormed out of the room. Trollex raced after her but she had already disappeared outside. Trollex made it out in time to see Branch trying to calm Poppy but she pushed past him and ran off before anyone could stop here. Branch called after her but she was gone from sight before he could react. Trollex hovered in the spot, praying Poppy didn't do anything rash.