Another loss

Interested in having your oc in one of the later chapters? Message me details of your character and they might get added! Thanks for being patient! Enjoy!
———————————————-

Poppy was silent for a moment trying to comprehend what she'd just heard, "that can't be right. Our scrapbooks never said anything about it being one nation that divided the rest."

"Scrapbooks?" Prince D stepped forward with a frown on his face. "Those are just cut out pieces of paper made by the winners. Let me tell you how it really happened." Prince D trotted towards the display area where the funk string was displayed, attached to a sparkly instrument befitting the funk troll's style below it was a small stand holding a book. Poppy and Branch followed him. When they were all gathered around stand Prince D started to dance and sing. Explaining the story of the nations once in harmony only to separate when greed compelled the pop trolls to take all the strings for themselves.

The song left Poppy and Branch speechless. Poppy turned to face Trollex, his expression enough to confirm Prince D's version of the story. A frown formed on her face with the new reality finally surfaced. "I never knew this version existed."

"We don't hold you accountable for what happened in the past Poppy, but now you understand that combining the nations just doesn't work anymore." King Quincy leaned down to say.

"But that was so long ago, maybe the new generation can learn from the mistakes and succeed together. How else will we stop Barb from destroying all music?" Poppy seemed frantic, feeling he plan slipping away. The other leaders looked at each other. Queen Essence offered a comforting smile. "Poppy, we all wish things were that simple, but all the trolls have just grown too different to be able to live together in harmony. The best we can do is protect our own."

Poppy's eyes darted from Cooper, Branch, Trollex, Hickory, anyone who might still be on her side, but they all seemed to agree with the king and queen. Her shoulders slumped, she felt Trollex hover over and place a hand on her shoulder. The silence within the group would have lasted forever, but suddenly the alarms sounded and the room was shaded in red. "What's happening?!"
"We've been located, Barb is here."

The king and Queen rushed from the room followed by the others. Arriving on one of the main platforms. "Everyone prepare for battle!" The king shouted. Upon his command all of the funk trolls scrambled to the stations and gathered their musical weapons. Cooper nudged Poppy, Branch, and Hickory over to a platform which formed bubbles around them and lifted them into the air. Poppy pressed against the side calling out to Cooper to let them help before he disappeared from sight and their bubbles were ejected from the ship. Cooper turned to Trollex. "Take care of them."
Trollex nods, grabbing BDB before hovering above the platform and allowing a bubble to form around him and eject him as well.

Trollex held BDB close as their bubble floated away from the ship. Terrifying memories resurfacing at the sight of the familiar rock troll's ships. The dark masses flying towards the funk troll's home. Trollex could only pray Barb didn't spot any of the bubbles floating away from the ship. The bubble surrounding him soon popped when they reached the ground. Trollex released BDB and began to search for Poppy and the others. "Let's split up, but be careful little buddy."

BDB nods and picks a direction to start searching. Trollex watched him leave and went the opposite way. Keeping an eye out for anying pink, which wasn't as easy as he first thought. Hovering along the beach he finally spotted her and hickory by the water, but Branch was nowhere to be seen. He moved closer to them when Trollex suddenly stopped. Hickory was moving unnaturally, like the back half of his body was pulling away from its other part. Suddenly it literally did. Revealing itself as a whole separate troll smaller than normal. The half sized troll lunged at Poppy, but missed when Trollex rushed over and lifted Poppy out of the way causing the attacker to fall face first into the sand. Trollex placed Poppy down as the small troll jumped up and spat sand from his mouth glaring at them. "What are you doing Hickory?! Grab her string."

"I..." Hickory began. "I won't, what Barb is doing is wrong."

"You two are bounty hunters for Barb aren't you?" Trollex asked sternly. Hickory nods shamefully. "But I'm not going to do it! Barb shouldn't decide what music gets to survive!"

Poppy raised her hands trying to calm the situation. "Let's just talk this out."

"Talking is for chums! I'm not losing this chance!" The small troll let out a loud yodel at a volume that shouldn't be possible for his size. As if on cue four Rock trolls lunged from the tall grass and grabbed Poppy, Trollex, and Hickory. Trollex tried to hover away but their grip was strong. Barb emerged from the hill, skipping over to them. "Well this is quite the scene."

Barb crossed her arms. "That was an old trick Trollex, making me think you were on my side. How's that working out for you? And this little pipsqueak is what I've been worrying about. Not much to look at are you?" Barb mocked before snatching the pop string from Poppy's hair. "Finally. The last string."