'That's why we're calling you now so that you get the whole day tomorrow to be mentally prepared.' Karen says.

  'Laura, I didn't want you to take over such a big project for your first one but you said you can do it and everyone can see how well you're handling it. Your project would be finished in a few months and you'd have to come public then anyways. It would be better if you meet everyone now then later. I know you can handle it.' Marcus adds, 'You'd be just fine.'

  Gosh! What was she supposed to say to that? 'Fine.' Laura huffs. Not having it at herself to say no anymore. Perhaps it'll actually be as easy as they were saying.

  'I'd do just fine.' Laura says to herself. Repeating Marcus' words to her. She doesn't notice the slight shaking of her hands from the nervousness.

  What would everyone think when they see her?

  Laura distangles the wet towel from her hair and the wet locks fall freely. As she looks into the mirror a pale face greets her. Clearly because she just got out of shower, anxious pair of green eyes due to all the stress she's going through thinking about this party, her rosy hued cheeks.

  A breath leaves Laura. She's nothing special looking and she doubts her face is the only thing people would notice. Gosh! How many people would she have to socialize with?

  'Laura!' Karen calls from the other side of her door. 'Diego's downstairs.'

  'Coming!' Laura shouts back. And...that's Laura's cue to stop studying herself and change out of her bathrobe.

  'Hey!' Diego's the first to greet like always when he notices Laura coming into the living room.

  'Hi.' Laura greets back as Diego kisses Laura's left cheek.

  'So, how's Ms. Beautiful doing?' He asks as they both sit in the couch.

  'The same way I was doing last night.' Laura says with a slight teasing tone.

  'I always ask that huh?' He asks with an embarrassed chuckle.

  'You do.' Laura says with an amused look on her face. 'Is the ever so charming Mr. Martinez loosing his charms now?'

  Diego gives an amused smirk. 'Nah, Ms. Williams. You're the only one who always catches me off guard.'

  Laura gives an amused shake of her head at this. 'By the way, the amount of time you're coming to NY would make people think that you live here and not in Dubai.'