(12) What a Young Girl Should Not Be

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

After taking a minute to breath and really wrap his head around this, Q turned back to me calmly and ready to listen. He stayed quiet but waved his hand to tell me to talk.

"Ok..ok before you get upset, its really not that big a deal. So I have a drink once in a while...every day..its not that bad." I was at a loss for words. I mean what do you say in these situations!?

"When did this start?" Q asked calmly and clearly.

"Probably around the same time everything went to shit-" I got a look from him telling me to watch my language. "I was at a really low point and...I got this thought that told me if I had a drink, then I would feel better. And you know what I found out?"

"That it didn't work."

"No. No it did. And two drinks would make me feel way better. I hadn't been around an adult in a long time so I never took my drinking too seriously. Which in hindsight, was a stupid mistake. I understand that alcohol doesnt solve my problems, but it does make them go away for a little while. Its just something I use to cope with..well with everything...it is the only constant in my life.."
I looked down and rubbed the back of my neck while Q sat tall and chin up. I nodded to tell him I'm done and for him to proceed with the lecture.

He sighed, "where do I start..? Well you know that alcohol doesn't solve your problems, that's good. I'm proud of you for that. But for goodness sake Rose you are at UA, one of the top schools in the country. You want to get into the heroics departmemt! And if you were caught drunk, tipsy, or with the slightest bit of alcohol you'd be kicked out immediately. I dont mean to scare you but its the honest truth."

Q knew how badely I needed to be a hero and he used it against me. Well played crazy man. Well played.

"I know..and I don't do it at or near school. And I know I should he smarter about it. It's not exactly easy thing to just give up though, b-but I definitely can!" I sighed and tried to think of a way to at least make this a little better. "If you don't want me drinking while I'm here, I understand. Just...please don't be mad." I felt my voice slowly get a little wobbly as I struggled to keep it together. Q put a hand on my shoulder that I flinched at before accepting the comfort.

"Rose I'm not mad. I just hope you understand the consequences, and how that's not a healthy way to cope. I understand why you might think you need to, but I won't let you throw away your shot at being a hero."

"I guess I could learn to appreciate that. Thanks.."

"No need to thank me. Its late, let's head to bed." He stood up and stretched, leading me down the hall to my room. "I hope you dont mind sharing a room with Neon and Atom, but they shouldn't bother you." Neon was coiled up on a shelf near the bed with Atom sleeping in the middle of him. I wasn't exactly excited about sharing a room with that cold blooded serpent but I didn't have much of a choice. Q left after tussling my hair like I was one of his dogs. Normally I'd object to that but I was far too tired to argue.

I flopped down into the bed and tried not to look at the snake staring down at me. You know this was not how I envisioned my time at UA. Things were going fast and I wasn't sure where anything was heading. There was really only one thing I was certain of...

I need a drink...

Aw I'm sad to see my gal go through so much, but happy that she has someone to watch out for her now

The question is, who in your life do you think has your back? Or who in My Hero Academia would you trust to look out for you?

Character Spotlight: Rose
1-H original character
Quirk: Weapon

Tune in next time on Guns And Roses for a very special appearance by a character you all know and love ~