S.1 Ep.9: Betrayal and Trust

EPISODE SYNOPSIS: Elsa worries that her alter ego might be winning and is torn on who to believe; Kristoff struggles to contain himself around Stefan; Anna and Olaf decide to go to the forest for more answers, and Anna begins to get even more suspicious of Hallory

Elsa paused, staring at Stefan as she tried to process his words. Her mind was blank except for the name running through her mind. Kristoff Bjorgman? There was no way Kristoff would do such a thing. She shook her head, looking Stefan in the eye. "No. You're mistaken. I know Kristoff, and he would never do this."

Stefan stuttered as if he had expected Elsa to believe him on the spot. "Your Majesty, I really think you should take this more seriously."

Elsa took in a deep breath and sat her cup of hot chocolate down. "I am taking this accusation seriously. I know for a fact that Kristoff wouldn't try to hurt me, or Anna. My sister has chosen a good man, and I don't understand why you think otherwise."

Stefan frowned deeply. "All due respect, Elsa, last time you trusted your sisters judgement, she got engaged with a man who tried to murder you."

Elsa's eyes flashed black for a moment at those words, and she stood up swiftly. "How dare you speak of my sister that way." She turned to leave the room. "Don't ever bring this up to me again." She said sharply.

Stefan stood as well, standing in front of the door. "Elsa, you haven't even let-"

"Queen Elsa," she said, turning back to face Stefan, looking him in the eye, "And don't you dare forget it."

Stefan could only stare as Elsa grabbed her mug of hot cocoa, briskly leaving the kitchen.

Elsa let out the breath she was holding in as she walked down the hall, sipping on her drink with a shaky hand. "How could he even suggest such a thing?!" She whispered sharply to herself.

Elsa paused as she passed the small mirror hung up on the hallway. Out of her peripheral vision, she could've sworn she saw a flash of black hair and soulless eyes staring back at her. Elsa's eyes narrowed as she glared at her reflection.

Just as Elsa was about to shrug and walk to her room, her reflection changed. Her hair was black as night once again, her eyes the same dark color. Evil Elsa was in the mirror once again.

"Go away." Elsa snapped, gripping her mug tighter.

"Stefan's a burden, Elsa. He's in the way. You need to get rid of him." Evil Elsa said with a devious smile. "I've already come up with a few ways we could kill him, but-"

"I am NOT killing anyone! You don't control me!" Elsa yelled.

Her reflection simply laughed, and then vanished. Just as Elsa was about to walk way to her bedroom, she froze. Elsa tried to move, but it was like she was stuck to the floor. A chill went up her spine and pain seared through her chest.

Elsa gasped as she looked down, thick black ice spreading across her bare feet, up to her legs, now just below her waist. "No...no no! Stop, please!" She screamed, trying desperately to move.

"Elsa?" A familiar voice called out down the hall. It was Anna.

Elsa didn't answer as the black ice stopped spreading, then vanished as quickly as it had appeared. I do control you, Elsa. I always have.

Elsa shuddered as she looked up, her sister rushing down the hall. "Are you ok? I heard you scream." Anna said, her blue-green eyes full of concern.

Elsa looked around warily. She knew she'd made a promise to be honest with Anna. No more secrets. Elsa shook her head quickly. "No. No I'm not ok. I don't know what to do."