"Arthur!" Merlin cried as she made her way over to her master.

This caught Arthur's attention and he turned his head towards her. "Merlin! Behind you!"

Merlin looked where Arthur was looking and saw a bench being thrown at her. She quickly dodged it and ran to the bar. Arthur jabbed Dagr in the shoulder, causing the man to grunt and fall to the ground. 

With a golden glow in her eyes, Merlin sent a stack of plates flying one by one at the bandits. The man groaned but did not fall unconscious, so Merlin smashed a clay jug against his head. Somehow, the man remained awake. Mary followed Merlin's example and smashed a pot against the large man's head. Merlin sent the other woman a grateful look. Mary nodded and then ran back to her hiding spot. Merlin sent another stack of plates flying at yet another bandit, who was knocked off balance and hit his head against the floor. 

 The young man from earlier ran towards the bar and banged a bandit's head against it's surface. "Pass the jug, will you?" He said to Merlin. Merlin did so. The young man took a long drink of it, then smashed it in a bandit's face. "Such a waste, eh? So what do they call you?"

"Merlin."

"Gwaine," he introduced. "A pleasure to meet you." With that, Gwaine ran back into the fight.

The brawl continued for another few minutes, until the only men who remained standing were Arthur, Gwaine and Dagr. Dagr threw Arthur against a pillar, causing him to hit his head. Then he pulled out his knife and began walking over to Arthur. Gwaine saw this and lunged at Dagr. Gwaine was able to knock him out, but not without getting stabbed in the lower thigh. The pain and rapid blood loss caused the young man to fall unconscious and hit his head against one of the few remaining benches.

-

After taking care of Dagr, Arthur and Merlin brought Gwaine back to Camelot as quickly as possible so he could be treated by Gaius, who promised that Gwaine should be awake by morning.

Merlin poked her head into the room that Gwaine was staying in. He was awake and slightly confuzzled. "What am I doing here?"

Merlin entered, holding a breakfast tray. "You were wounded. Arthur wanted to make sure you were treated by his physician. You saved his life."

"Arthur? Prince Arthur?"

"Yes."

"Well if I had known that, I probably wouldn't have done it."

"Why not?"

"He's a noble."

"He's a good man."

Gwaine snorted. "If you say so."

"The king wants to thank you in person."

"I'm not interested. Once you've met one king, you've met them all."

"He'll probably give you an award... Then again, when I saved Arthur's life, my 'reward' was to be his maidservant, so perhaps it's for the better..."

"Exactly."

"Well, here's your breakfast, and once your finished, Gaius said that it would do you good to walk around and get some fresh air."

"Really? And perhaps you would accompany me?"

Merlin raised an eyebrow, something she had picked up from Gaius. "I have a few hours before I need to tend to Arthur, so I suppose I could come."

-

Merlin and Gwaine walked through the street of the marketplace. "Yesterday is a bit of a blur. Remind me what your name is?" Gwaine said.

"Merlin."