Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

I'm Erica Sky Tucker, the daughter of Summer and Erick Tucker. However- to my twin, Lexis and Jace (Lexis's long-time friend and short-time boyfriend) my name is Sky. Lexis died one week ago, run over by some guy in a white mercedes- shown by CCTV camera's.

I repeated the short paragraph in my head again. I thought it might help me grieve Lexis. My hand touched the mirror, I didn't look too much like her at this moment. I looked at my deep bruise like bags under my eye's. My hair in a bun and need of a wash. The slightly paler tone of my skin, due to my staying in the house for a whole week. I made myself yet another cup of coffee, which was harder than it sounded because of shaking hands. Lexis hated coffee, said the stuff was 'evil'. Hell, I look like crap. I gulped down the drink which has now become my life-force.

Another thing about Lexis was, she was self-centred. But the second you needed her, she'd be there. She was so loveable and sometimes used peoples' adoration to her advantage. She'd lie and wouldn't feel bad about it, but she would only do it if she felt it was important or to help someone she loved out. Lexis hardly loves anyone, but when she dose, she really dose. She protects those people and will do anything for them...but get on her bad side, run for you life.

I thought of Jace. I wondered how he was doing. Jace was our childhood friend before he was Lexis's boyfriend and even though I hated it, Lexis cheated on him. A lot. Jace knew about it but he loved her too much to break up with her. Lexis didn't think about people's feelings. Only her own. I was the opposite, I cared to much about people's feelings. Lexis thought this was a weakness, making me fragile and vulnerable, and easy target for other's taking advantage of. So she overcompensated on the whole protecting me thing.

Jace POV

Lexis and Sky were seen as a package deal among the kids at school. Everyone but to me, I've known Lexis and Sky since kindergarten.

----------Flashback----------

On my first day of kindergarten, I walked in with my mommy but I saw kids going out to play so I followed them. "Hey, can I play?" I smiled- as girl with pigtails answered,

"Sure" She looked at my left eye for a second and grinned but not in an nasty way. "He's a cat, he's a cat!" She yelled at the top of her voice. "Look at his eye, he's a cat."

People gathered round to look at me, I backed away. "Ewh, I don't like it" some chubby boy said pointing at me. Other's agreed. I felt horrible, mommy said she liked my eye- made me special. I felt like I was going to cry. When a small girl weaved through the crowd and grabbed my hand. She towed me away through the children and once we left the group we ran as fast as we could. The girl beside me, laughed- in a carefree way as she lead me to an abandoned playground.

Under the brightly coloured slide was a small compartment fit for two. She dragged me inside, grinning at me. Once we caught our breath from running I could see what this girl looked like. Dark hair tied in a french braid seemed darker next to her creamy skin. She leaned forward, looking more at my eye.

"Does it hurt?" She whispered, as if were a secret. I chuckled to myself. She smiled at me- reviling tiny white teeth.

"Nope." We talked about random things within the slide.

"Oh, I've got to go!" The small girl exclaimed, almost shocked. We walked out of the playground and I was gathered into a hug.

"Were have you been?" My mommy's voice shaking slightly. She realised me and a tall woman behind her stepped to me. She sank to my level and told me to relax, even though I wasn't panicking in the lest. The woman said the children tormenting me were sorry and it'll be okay now.