Chapter 18: Wanted

Start from the beginning

"Nothing." Finley responded. "I'm just whistling, baby." He then carried on whistling as if to prove he did it normally. Ezra's panic almost went away until Finley tried to get into the room. Once again, Ezra pulled Colby tightly towards him. Luckily the door was locked. Finley pounded his fist against the door. Well- it was actually a small tap but with Ezra's hangover amplifying the sound, the CIA might as well have been trying to break down the door. "Colby! Colby! You in there, man?" Finley asked from the other side of the door.

Colby began to stir in Ezra's arms. Ezra feigned being asleep to avoid any awkwardness. He didn't want Colby to wake up yet, couldn't they have had their moment for a few more minutes? Colby didn't seem too surprised to be in Ezra's embrace -which surprised Ezra- he stretched then yelled back to Finley.

"Yeah I'm in here! So is Ezra!"

"So that's where he is." Brent commented. "Do you want breakfast?" Brent asked.

"Sounds good. Be down in a bit." Colby replied. The sound of the floorboards creaking faded as Brent and Finley went downstairs.

Colby laid back down in the bed and began to stroke Ezra's hair. It was so carefully done that Ezra thought he was imagining the sensation of it.

Don't do that, he thought, don't give me hope.

Colby chuckled to himself before getting out of the bed and heading downstairs. Ezra peeked at Colby as he left the room and couldn't help but admire the way Colby's ass looked in those jeans. He knew he was trying to stop himself from looking at Colby in a sexual way but when a guy looked like that, how could he not?

When Colby was gone and the heat left behind from his body was gone too, Ezra decided to try and get up. It was painful but he couldn't stay here all day, actually Brent would probably let him stay but Ezra didn't want to impose on him and his family like that.

He tried to look at his phone to check the time but the brightness blinded him as soon as he turned it on. His eyes adjusted eventually but the light still stung. He had two text messages from Sophie.

"Just in case you need a little guidance in your life. It worked for me." Ezra read Sophie's text out loud. "What the fuck is she on about?"

He clicked on the website she had attached to her text message. His heart stopped when it finally loaded. Conversion therapy. She had sent him the link for a conversion therapy for homosexuals.

She knows. How does she know? He understood Finley knowing -him and Colby were as thick as thieves- but Brent said that Sophie was drifting away from them. Colby wouldn't tell her. Colby shouldn't be telling anyone. What if Sophie told someone? His life was over if his dad found out he was still acting... this way. He'd be out on the streets with nothing. His mother wouldn't help she had a new family, new life.

He didn't know what to do, he decided to play it off.

'Not sure what you mean by this, is it a joke I'm not in on? :/' he texted to Sophie. She replied quickly.

'Not a joke :). I just get what your going through and I did this when I felt that way. My dad's a pastor, your welcome to come and talk to him anytime. It's pretty tough at first but it cures you afterwards xx' Sophie replied.

Wait, Sophie had gone through conversion therapy? Did that mean she was... No way. But why was she even recommending conversion therapy to Ezra anyway? Did he do something gay? Did he look gay? Does everybody know he's gay?!

He quickly got up from the bed and ran downstairs, the only thing stopping him from keeling over in pain was the adrenaline pumping through him from the possibility of people knowing about his sexuality. He ran downstairs and into the kitchen, nearly slipping on the tiled floor.