they're not much different in real life--however, they're simply far.. worse. like the realistic drawings of spongebob & patrick. their fur is matted & sickly, constantly shedding in some places & sticking out in different places. it looks like they haven't been groomed or taken care of in years. that's probably the case, too. they have the same color palette as they do in-game, although all of the colors are a lot more dull & far less saturated than they are in animal crossing. their eyes take up a large portion of their face, as does their smile--their teeth are horrifically human, almost as if they took someone's teeth or dentures & made them their own. their paws work like human hands, for they have four fingers with unsheathed claws at the tips of each appendage. they look like a normal cat, but only if the cat was bipedal, had human teeth paired with an everlasting smile, giant eyes with bloated pupils, giant lynx ears & a bunch of other things a cat shouldn't have. the bow is still there, although it's been through some things--it's tied tightly around their neck, shedding fur fuzzed up around it. it looks very painful.

[ Very uncanny, good description of his appearance.]

personality -

in animal crossing, smile is referred to as a 'smug' villager--the following villagers are highly sought after, as they're quite rare &.. interesting, to say the least. however, unlike most smug villagers, smile gets along with none of the other residents (other than the player, tom nook & isabelle).

[ Regretfully I've no idea of these characters, never cared for Animal Crossing.]

they tend to wander about with fishing rods, snatching up any fish (always a rare catch for some reason, which always pisses off the other villagers; villagers don't normally get miffed when this happens, mind you); they only do this when they stand beside a villager who's fishing prior to their arrival. on the loading screen, they can always be found standing in the plaza, staring up at the player with their weird smile & giant eyes. no other villager is focused on during this time, as they're always stomping &, typically after booting up the game, bringing up the idea of moving away.

[ I don't understand the final sentence but other than that all is fine.]

outside of this, smile is emotionless. for the most part, anyways. they're extremely vain, prioritizing their existence over others--why else would they mutilate people? because they need food? of course not!; they mutilate them for fun & because it's always interesting to see someone break down when their loved one suddenly disappears (or is strung up like a ragdoll; oh, he loves doing that)! they used to do something similar with feral animals before realizing that humans actually had emotions! & there's actually a challenge in manipulating them, as some people would deduct them as an 'ugly' villager or try to sell them to others (which would then pass him onto someone else who's already willing to invite them into their home! a win for them!). all in all, smile is the equivalent of a terrifying, self-centered bastard who lacks empathy (among other humane qualities).

[ I know a few self-centred bastards lacking empathy, smile would get on great with some of  the customers I deal with.]

they lack 'personality traits' due to the fact that they're not one of the those oc's. they're a sadistic paranormal entity that thrives off of the distress of others--not only that, but they're primarily used for shock purposes. regardless, they're still quite unpleasant & a not-so-welcomed sight. they're fit for a horror creature, really (which is what i'm going for! :D)

[ Smile seems very enigmatic, perfect for the character you seem to be creating.]

backstory -