Episode 4: The Robinsons Were Here

Mulai dari awal

"The eels." Maureen connected.

"They metabolize hydrocarbons. We are all quite stranded." Hiroki explains as John turns and checks out the tank with one of the live eels in it before backing away as it charges at him and hits the glass.

"Okay, what about the... What's the technical term for the thing in the bathroom that recycles the..." John stammers.

"Thermal degradation reactor." Hiroki answers.

"Yeah." John affirms.

"For us to produce enough bodily waste to get a Jupiter into orbit would take years." Maureen says, shutting that idea down.

"It was an idea, right?" I mumble.

"Excuse me. They're in range." Aiko informs as she peeks into the hub.

They all walk out of the hub and into the control room. I stay back and rest my head on the table. Not enjoying the headache I'm getting.

"You okay?" I look up to see the man with the chicken, Don, standing outside the door to the cockpit.

I set my head back down. "Yeah. I'm okay. Too many big words for me." I say which causes Don to snicker. "So, what's with the chicken?" I ask after a moment.

"Oh, Debbie? She's my lucky chicken." Don responds.

"How?" I lift my head again.

"Long story."

I nod and put my head back down, thinking he's not going to explain.

"So there we were, dangling off the side of a diamond cliff." Don starts after about thirty seconds. I laugh lightly into my arms as he snickers.

"I'm Y/n by the way." I introduce myself after lifting my head again.

"Don West. But you probably already knew that because I introduced myself outside." Don bashfully mutters the last part causing me to chuckle and him to faintly blush from embarrassment.

A moment later I get up after overhearing the conversation from inside the cockpit. I look at the image John has displayed on his tablet.

"The image is hard to make out, but it's definitely man-made." Maureen analyzes the crash site that they thought was a Jupiter.

"Maybe that's part of the Resolute." I suggest As John passes the tablet to Maureen and Maureen passes it to Naoko.

"One of the outer storage modules." Naoko observes.

"There could be equipment there. Something we could use to amplify our broadcast so they can hear us. A synthesizer at the very least." Maureen states.

"Let's go take a look." John says.

I step back. "You can take a look, I'm gonna take a nap." I say then turn to leave, but John catches my arm.

"No. We need you. Just in case something happens." John says.

I sigh. "Fine. Kinda interested anyway." I shrug.

...

John, Maureen and I walk down the hall to the garage.

"You got those radio comms?" John asks.

"Mmm-hmm." Maureen answers.

"Hey! I'll come, too." Don comes up behind us.

"Uh, no. We're okay." John says as he grabs the latter to the garage.

"Okay, sure, I get it." Don says as Maureen climbs down, then me. "Well, to get to the comm supplies, you go to F level, aft bay. Make three rights and then a hook the second left. It's compartment forty-six. Or you can just bring me with you."