Episode 4: The Robinsons Were Here

John, Maureen, Judy and I are on our way to see another Jupiter to discuss anything they may know to figure out how to get off this planet that nobody ever bothered to name.

"Let's hope the radio on the Watanabes' Jupiter works better than ours." John says as he continues driving. "We need to talk to the Resolute. Let them know our situation."

"Hmm." Maureen hums and continues looking at the sun.

"What you looking at?" John asks as he leans over, trying to find what shes gazing so intently at.

"Nothing." Maureen dismisses. "Just trying to get my bearings."

"Oh, hey, before we get there, nothing about the robot, okay?" John says.

"I shouldn't tell Hiroki? Hiroki's an exobiologist." Maureen asks. "He's literally an expert in alien biology."

"It's not Hiroki I'm worried about." John explains.

"Bear left here." Maureen instructs, pointing towards a clear path.

"It's who he talks to and then who they talk to." John continues explaining. "We don't know how people are gonna react to it. Or it to them."

"The truth will come out eventually. It always does." Maureen states. Now she's getting personal here?

...

Eventually, we make it to the Watanabes' Jupiter. We all file out of the Chariot.

"Maureen." Hiroki cheerfully greets.

"Hi... Hiroki." Maureen smiles cheerfully opens her arms for a hug.

"Glad to see you safe." Hiroki tells Maureen as John hugs Hiroki's wife, Naoko, and I hug their daughter, Aiko.

"Good to see you." I tell her and she nods at me with a happy smile.

As we were greeting each other, we hear a male voice come from the Jupiter.

"Okay. Get back here. Get back here." He says.

I look to see a man in an orange jacket chasing... is that a chicken?

"Haven't you learned?" He asks the chicken as he picks it up and turns it towards himself. "Only terrible things happen when we go outside." He scoffs at the chicken before smiling at us. "Hey. Hi. Don West. Which one of you guys is the doctor?"

"I am. Is the patient inside?" Judy asks as she walks to the Jupiter.

"Wha-what is she, like, seventeen?" Don asks.

"Eighteen." Judy corrects and Don follows her in.

We continue our reunion with the Watanabes before eventually going inside and sit in their hub.

"Do you have any idea what happened up on the Resolute?" Maureen asks.

"No. Nothing yet." Naoko says.

"So how many of us are there?" I ask.

"There are sixty-three survivors." Naoko responds.

"Casualties?" John asks.

"Twenty-seven." Naoko hesitantly responds.

We all sigh and take a moment.

"We were able to map the locations of twelve Jupiter's before we landed." Naoko states. "Thirteen now, including yours."

"And not one of these ships can take off?" Maureen asks as she stands and takes a look at Naoko's tablet.

"Methanogenic chordates." Hiroki spoke.