Episode 1: Shipwrecked

[Season 2]

Seven months later.

We ended up stranded on a water planet and we've made life here. Though the air is toxic, we still get by.

I sit in my bed, early in the morning. I woke up and I can't seem to fall back asleep. I decide to go for a walk. I put my suit on and walk through the farm and out the door. I watch as the waves crash against the shore and bring up blue bioluminescent moss. It's actually quite beautiful.

I see Will and John come out. I run up to them.

"Hey, good morning." I call to them.

"Hey." Will smiles.

I walk with them down the beach. They crouch next to a patch of glowing moss.

"You think this'll work?" John asks.

"It's worth a try." Will responds as he opens a jar.

John picks some up and puts it in the jar. We get up and head back inside.

...

"Mom! Get up here!" Penny calls.

Will and John locked us out of the hub for some reason. The door has a sign that says, 'DO NOT ENTER!!! Will and Dad'

Penny and Judy knock on it rapidly while I lean against the wall smiling.

"Hang on a sec." Will calls from the other side.

"Oh, come on. This is both cruel and unusual." Penny says as Maureen comes up and Judy walks to her and leads her to the door.

"Do you have any influence over them?" Judy asks.

Maureen chuckles and spins Judy around. "I try not to abuse my power."

Will and John open the doors and the song 'Baby Please Come Home' starts playing as they reveal a Christmas tree with presents under. The tree is lit with the moss we gathered this morning. I wondered why they were gathering it, but they wouldn't tell me. We walk in.

"Wow." I say breathlessly.

"This was your top secret project?" Maureen asks John as they kiss.

I follow the kids to the tree and admire the work.

"It was easier getting a tree from a lot in Glendale." John says.

"This is the glowing moss from the shore." Judy gasps.

"Look." Penny says as she holds up a metal jar with a glass circle and glowing moss in it. "It kinda reminds me of you know who."

Judy covers it. "Mm-hmm. Maybe a little"

Will takes it from Penny's hands.

Don comes through the other door with Debbie in his hands. "Happy Holidays, everybody!"

"You look different." Penny points out.

"Yeah, he finally showered." I say and Don bumps my leg with the lantern he's holding.

"What? I wanna smell good for Santa." He says as he puts the lantern on the table.

"Can we open presents?" Penny asks.

"Yes!" Maureen says.

"I wanna go first! I wanna go first." Don says. "Okay. You guys, This right here," he holds up a bottle of whiskey and holds it out to Maureen and John, "is my very last bottle of whiskey. I want you to have it, in case of an emergency."

"We haven't had one of those in a while." Maureen says as she takes the bottle and John claps Don's shoulder appreciatively. "Do we have to wait that long?" Maureen whispers.