Episode 7: Pressurized

Don let me drive this time. We're heading back through the dessert and this time we have Aiko with us instead of Evan and Judy in the back with her. Don showed us an ID card with the name and picture of Doctor Zachary Smith, a pediatrician, also the man who our Doctor Smith stole the identity from.

"Unbelievable." Judy says as she looks at the ID card. "I should have known."

"No. I knew something was up with her and I kept it to myself." I said, trying to make her feel better, but also feeling extremely guilty for ignoring it and possibly putting my family and others in danger.

"She played be even before we crashed here." Don says. "I fell for it like a sucker. I blame my innate sense of compassion."

"You tried to profit off of our survival." Judy says, disagreeing with Don's last sentence.

"Nothing illegal about that." Don defends.

"You also smuggle booze." I say.

"How did this become about me?" He asks. "Look, the point is I use my own name. I didn't steal it off some guy."

"I wonder what happened to him. The real Dr. Smith." I inquire before there was a small rumble.

"Anyone else feel that? It was a tremor, I think." Aiko points out.

"I'm calling home." Judy says and reaches for the radio.

"Ah! Hold on." Don says as he snatches the radio.

"No one's listening to me." Aiko sighs, sitting back.

"Here's my expert opinion on someone who's been busted once or twice." Don says. "A person like fake Dr. Smith needs to be confronted face-to-face. You look her in the eye and you dare her to lie to you again." He puts the radio away, but Judy snatches it. "No. What did I just say?"

"C-11 to Jupiter 2. Is anybody there?" Judy asks through the radio. There's silence so she tries again. "C-11 to Jupiter 2. Are you there, Mom?"

"Jupiter 2 to C-11. Hello, Judy." Smith answers. We start mouthing things to each other, not knowing what to do. "It's Dr. Smith." Smith says.

"Yeah, I know who you are." Judy says.

I give her a deadpan expression that says, 'How can you not be more suspicious.'

"Is everything alright?" Smith asks.

"We're great. Can you put my mom on, please?" Judy asks.

"Her door's closed. Would you like me to leave her a message?" Smith asks.

I mouth, 'lies' to Don and he smiles and shakes his head.

"No, I'll tell her myself. Thank you." Judy says before Don snatches the radio away.

"Could you be more suspicious?" I say.

"She's been staying in our Jupiter, eating at our table. I even loaned her moisturizer." Judy says causing Don, Aiko, and I hold in our laughs.

"Really? You think that's funny?" Judy asks.

"Well..." I say in a high voice as we chuckle.

"What if she tries something?" Judy says.

"Relax. Your mom can handle any version of Dr. Smith." Don says.

...

We're stopped at the edge of a giant new ravine in the road that's going straight through where we need to go. We stand at the edge of it.

"Well, we're not going back this way." Don says.

"There's only one way we can go." Victor says looking at the giant mine field