Episode 5: Transmission

I help Judy and Penny get materials for the giant reflective beacon we are about to create to signal the Resolute because we can't use our radios due to the Resolute satellite being broken off and on the planet with us.

"All right, how many of there do we need?" Penny asks as she grabs some reflective material.

"I've never seen you throw yourself into a task with this much gusto before." Judy comments.

"What can I say? I'm taking my vitamins." Penny responds as she puts the material in a bin.

"It has nothing to do with that boy being here?" Judy asks smugly.

"Boy?" I ask.

"No. And he's not a boy. Will's a boy." Penny defends.

"You're, like, sixteen. What is he? A man? Who is it? Spill the beans." I urge.

"It's Victor's son." Judy replies.

"Oh, yeah. He's definitely a boy. Got noodle arms." I reply and wiggle my arms like worms and Penny scoffs.

...

We brought the reflective material outside and gave it to the people working on the tower before we go back inside to see what else we can find in the garage.

"That tower is some science project." Judy sighs as she puts a crate on top of another.

"It's actually a really interesting concept." Will comments as he looks between us.

"Yeah, and apparently one that requires lots of heavy lifting." I comment as I rub my arms in pain.

"Yeah, something that a particular R-O-B-O-T could come in handy for." Penny comments quietly, looking at Will.

"She's got a good point." Judy mumbles.

"You guys said I could wait for the right time." Will whispers nervously.

"We did. But isn't this the perfect opportunity to show everyone how useful he could be?" I ask.

"So you should tell Dad, as soon as possible." Judy whispers. "He's gonna be fine, okay, once he has a chance to process it."

"And to get through the five stages of anger, from furious to mad to PO'ed-" Penny counts off with a tilt of her head every time she lists another.

"Okay, fine. I'll do it." Will interrupts.

"When?" Judy asks.

"When he's in a good mood." Will responds.

"You can't wait that long." I say.

"Wait that long for what?" John asks from out of nowhere before Judy nods her head towards her father mouthing, 'go ahead' to encourage her brother. "Huh?" John asks.

"To tell you that Will refuses for unload his insulation." Penny covers, looking back at her father. "He says it's too itchy."

"Come on, that's not like you." John says as he steps closer to our little half-circle. "Just wear a pair of work gloves."

"Okay." Will nods nervously and stiffly walks away.

"He's avoiding me, isn't he?" John asks as he points in Will's direction.

"Maybe you should ask Will if you have questions about Will." Judy suggests before walking away.

"Dad, you can talk to him. Okay?" Penny says. "Just be yourself. Actually, no. Maybe be, like, twenty percent nicer." And she walks away with a smug smile.