Chapter 31.

Ira.

I've not said anything to Cole about the night we had sex, and he hasn't brought it up, I'm happy about it but I'm just scared of getting pregnant cause from what I can remember he didn't use protective.

I love the way we have taken everything behind us and just move on and wait for the unexpected. He made it clear to me he doesn't want to be a father yet.

It has been three weeks now, still planning on our future, Christmas is a week to go, so many preparations have been going on, for Cole and I, for the girls and even at home, its been a busy week.

(My phone buzz from the table).
"hello, how may I help you ?". I say through the phone as I settle on the chair beside me.

"Ira clauslowinna Sanderson, we are Happy to inform you that your application to work with the Embassy has been approved, we sent the confirmation letter to your email., we will be pleased if you can come over tomorrow to take your application letter". The female voice spoke from the other end.

"Its my pleasure, ma'am, I'll be there first thing tomorrow as you have said". I say happily before hanging up.

I grab my keys from downstairs, before exiting my apartment. I need to tell Cole about this, I'll be meeting Dad later today so I'll wait to tell him the news face to face.

I enter my car, drive gently as songs blast from the car radio, I'm better at driving now, not as slow as before.

I breathe in and out but still I'm not relaxed, I check my Gmail to be sure they actually sent me one. I got out of the car really happy for my new achievement, I don't think any one can be as happy as I am especially if they get to hear my testimony.

His door is lock, instead of knocking and stressing him to come get the door, I slid my own key which he gave me, through the door hole and it crack open, I can hear music from upstairs obviously his room, he is around, just the thought of it sends butterfly to my belly.

I see his phone on the sofa, so even if I called or text him he wouldn't have noticed. I climb the stairs jerking up on each step at a time, happiness boiling inside me, his door isn't completely close, just a little space for someone to peep through.

I push the door open and my mouth fall, chan is on a chair injecting himself on the arm with string, his head is relax to the chair and I see the veins on his fore head showing he is in pain, well I don't care what pain he is getting from injecting illegal drugs in himself and Cole is behind him massaging his shoulders propelling him to endure the pain and do more.

This is an eyesore, I don't need anyone to tell me what's going on, Cole and Chan are doing drugs, how did I not find out for the past six years, maybe because I've always called to tell him when I'm coming over.

I've been stupid all along, he played with my intelligence, my innocence, my trust, he's not the flawless guy I always imagine him to be, I should have seen his bad side instead of painting him to be all goody two shoes.

I run down the stairs, I hear Cole call my name but I give deaf ear to his call, I turn severally before reaching the door, but I did not see him trail behind me, my stupid love struck side wants him to chase after me and explain, but I'm too angry so I just close the chapter. I enter my car, I send the letter the embassy has sent to me to his phone, even though I'm taking a big decision now about us I still want him to know I did it, my wish came to pass. And he deserve to know since he was there the whole time. I start the ignition and I drive off in a hurry, the fastest I've ever driven.

I can't talk now, the next Minute my phone buzz from the passengers chair, its Win, I clear my throat as much as I can and slow my pace a bit, in the fourth ring I pick the call.