lxxvi

that question left yoongi speechless. how the hell was he supposed to know on the spot? jungkook was gone, for years. things couldn't just go back to the way they were. could they?

sure, he missed him dearly, but jungkook broke him. he wasn't supposed to leave in the first place, everything was supposed to be perfect, he was supposed to be here with yoongi.

"it's funny," yoongi speaks slowly, but jungkook keeps his eyes focused on his small details, like the way yoongi brought his cold pale hand up to his face, to caress his own cheek when he was nervous.

yoongi could tell jungkook is nervous too, from the way his cheeks puff out on one side because he's pressing his tongue against it.

"this question, it didn't need to be asked had you stayed with me." yoongi tells him and he can see the regret in jungkook's eyes and he immediately regrets the way he said it. yoongi admits that it sounded selfish, but didn't he have the right to be?

jungkook looked everywhere but yoongi's eyes, "i know, hyungie. i know." yoongi could finally identify the guilt in his tone and although deep down that's what he wanted, what yoongi really wanted was to resolve this once and for all. that meant that he had to be honest with himself.

what exactly did he want? -and why was he suddenly the one to be deciding this?

maybe he did know what he want, and he knows that it's dumb, but he's been hurt so many times. he knows what he needs, what he deserves.

"hyungie, do you still love me?"

"of course i do." yoongi doesn't even hesitate to answer his question. jungkook's eyes start to regain its confidence, glinting almost.

"then say it, hyung. say it to me, please." yoongi nearly froze at the request and it wasn't because of this stupid cold winter air, didn't he already say this? didn't he say the words that jungkook wanted to hear?

then again, maybe he didn't actually say it, but yoongi kissed him on the cheek earlier. he remembers doing that, but was it not enough?

"i-... i love you, jungkook. i love you to the moon and-..." jungkook didn't even let yoongi finish the sentence before he grabbed him by the waist and craned his neck down just a bit to capture yoongi's lips with his.

this warm feeling that inhabits his chest as jungkook holds him close and the feeling of their lips dancing together was familiar. it was the same feeling he had when they first kissed as teens, but it felt different now. it was better because this time, yoongi could feel it.

they were going to be together for a long time.