part lxxii

"want one?" jungkook asked, moving the bag of lamb skewers towards yoongi. though it was a little bit tempting to take one, yoongi refrained, keeping his hands in his lap and shaking his head.

jungkook shrugged as he placed the bag down beside him on the bench, continuing to eat as they sat in the dark.

"how can you just say that?" yoongi suddenly asked after a moment of silence. the abruptness of it caused jungkook to let out a small cough in return. he craned his head to the side to look at yoongi who was looking straight into the distance.

"w-what do you mean by that?" jungkook was finally able to ask, yoongi's hands were placed down gently on his own lap, nervous for what he was doing... saying. he just couldn't believe he was here, even having this conversation to say the least.

yoongi bit down on his bottom lip, tying to refrain from telling jungkook off. "you've been gone jungkook... for a while. -and you're here after all this time trying to offer me some stupid lamb skewers?" he kicked at the rock by his foot, creating some sort of distraction from his own mind, all of his swirling thoughts.

"i-, yoongi, i-" jungkook stuttered as yoongi finally looked at him in the eyes again. feeling self conscious, jungkook wiped at his mouth and ran a hand through his hair. his eyes darted so he didn't have to stare right at yoongi's eyes.

yoongi crossed his arms across his chest, sniffling a bit because the cold had started to bother him, the tip of his nose had turned a light red while his cheeks became a pretty pink which contrasted beautifully with his milky white skin.

"is this really what you think i want, jungkook?" yoongi stood up adjusting the jacket he was sporting, ready to leave. as weird as it was, this felt like the end of a book.

it felt like closure. after all that time wondering where jungkook was, if he was even alive, he was just glad he got some kind of answer. jungkook had changed, so had he.

"it was nice to see you." yoongi smiled at him and turned his back to jungkook, "i'm glad, by the way. it seems like you're doing quite well these days."

then he walked off.