part lxvii

yoongi didn't "got this".

halfway through his run, he stopped. not because he was tired or anything. he was nervous, what the hell was he even supposed to say... to do? what if jungkook didn't even feel the same anymore.

it was over two years ago that he even sent the letter, jungkook could've easily met someone else in those six total years, even have had enough time to start a family of his own.

why did the idea of that hurt him so much? if jungkook was happy, he should be happy for him too... right?

that wasn't even the worst thought. what if jungkook wasn't here anymore? or he was dead?!

yoongi shook his head upon thinking the last thought. that couldn't possibly be the case.

to distract himself from any more of those thoughts, he looked down at his phone. it was nearly midnight.

that's when something within yoongi forced him to run again, to catch jungkook before he slipped out of his grasp again.

and so he ran, faster, and growing more nervous as he took each step.

before he even knew it, he was back at the place they first met, the park right by his old school.

the empty park, right by his old school.

he wandered over to the bench where he sat while waiting for jungkook the first time.

he couldn't even look at it without tearing up, it brought back so many memories that he'd boxed away to protect himself when jungkook left.

it just started flooding back, and he couldn't hold it back.

he took one more glance at the empty park, "i'm here, damn it!" yoongi yelled, crying as soon as the words left his mouth, "i'm here..." he said quieter, balling up on the earthy ground below him.

"i'm here, kookie."