part lviii

yoongi sighed as he dropped the letter into the dropbox in front of the classroom.

all he could think about was the fact that jungkook was all alone in that place he called home. how long had he been cooped up in there? in the dark, all alone.

as much as he didn't want to leave the boy there, it wasn't like he had any other choice. they lived in different provinces and it was much too late to even consider transferring jungkook into his school.

especially since their graduation was less than five days away, he just has to put up with it a little bit longer, then it'd all be over.

as much as it killed him to not be able to do anything or to have known earlier, he just had to wait now.

and that was really tough for such an impatient person, such as himself.

yoongi took a seat at his desk and crossed his arms across the table, resting his head on it.

usually, he wasn't one to intrude in personal affairs, but something about jungkook and his situation saddened him.

was it the fact that he'd been in this living situation for a while, but hid it with a huge smile and a cheery attitude?

pretending everything was fine when everything around him was burning into oblivion? or when he swore he was fine, was he was really begging to be saved?

were all the small jokes he wrote in his letter really to just distract him from the sad truth?

the more he thought about it, the more his mind couldn't handle it. feeling like it was shutting down. yoongi closed his eyes, hoping he could just sleep away all the thoughts.

he'd remind himself that everything would be fine, that jungkook would be here in a matter of days, with him.

after jungkook's in his arms, he'll promise that he'd never let go, never leave him, and maybe he'll tell the boy that he'd love him unconditionally.

maybe. just maybe.