-85-

mattia's pov

"you couldn't look more happy," alejandro walked to my side.

"what gave it away? the big smile on my face?" i ask sarcastically.

"what's wrong?"

i sigh and wipe my face. "it's complicated."

"since when did 'complicated' ever stop you from telling me anything," he said.

"fair point," i nod. "i saw y/n slow dancing with vincent earlier, they looked like they were getting along."

"you serious?"

i take a drink out of my champagne. "and i found out that he kissed her last week."

alejandro's eyes widen. "and she didn't tell you this?"

"nope," i respond. "is it me? did i do something wrong? other than being gone for 1 year.. what'd i do?"

"nothing bro, but this also doesn't seem like y/n's normal behavior."

"i don't know man. like why couldn't she just tell me?"

alejandro laughed. "cause you would've hunted him down and try to kill him."

"she said something similar," i say. "but that doesn't explain why she's acting all flirty with him tonight."

"i wouldn't say dancing is her being flirty, but yeah i don't get why she was with him in the first place." then alejandro shoots his head up and looked at me. "there is a .0000001% chance of this being true but..."

"but what?" i ask eagerly.

"avani told kairi a week ago that vincent asked y/n to join the prophets," alejandro whispered. "something about how this life isn't good enough for her and how he could offer her more? i forgot the details."

"she wouldn't.." i shake my head.

"yeah no, i know she wouldn't. that's why i said it probably isn't likely."

"yo guys it's getting late," kairi shouts. "let's go."

alejandro and i made our way to the door and waited for y/n by our car.

"where the fuck is she?" i mumble. i soon saw hector walk down the steps hoping she was right behind him but there was so sign of her. "hector, where's y/n?"

"uh, she probably went home," he told me. "she was pretty upset after your conversation."

of course. "oh, can i ride with you so kairi and alejandro don't have to drop me off?" i ask.

"oh.. sure.."

he was acting weird but i ignored it. i just wanted to talk with her and work this out, there was no way in hell i'm letting vincent be right about us.

-

"y/n?" i shout as i open the front door. no response. "you sure she went straight home hector?"

"i don't know i just assumed she did," he shrugged. "anyway.. i gotta go now."

"wait wait hold up," i stop him. "did she give you any hints on where she might've gone?"

"not that i remember," said hector. "okay bye."

"wait. why are you acting so weird?"

"i'm not acting weird," he denied. "just give her some time, i'm sure she'll show up. she probably just went to blow off some steam."

"yeah you're right," i sigh. "alright thanks for the ride."

"no problem."

"wait," i stop him once more. "which car did she take? all the cars we took were still at the ball."