-76-

(a/n: me when i found you guys wanted detailed smut 😲👁👄👁 LMFAO i'll do my best i'm sorry if it gets awkward. just expect smut soon

fun fact: i was gonna make vincent act like klaus mikaelson. if you don't know who he is, he's a very attractive british villain from a tv show)

y/n's pov

my encounter with vincent put me in a bad mood. i'm guessing hector sensed it the minute i walked into the living room, filling it with bad energy.

"you would think after a trip from france you'd be a good mood," hector says. "what's wrong? is this about mattia?"

"i wish," i groan. "vincent pisses me the fuck off."

"you saw vincent? when?"

"i was at the bar— don't worry a lot of people were there so he didn't try anything," i assure him. "well, he tried something, just not killing me."

hector shoots me a confused look. "what'd he do then?"

maybe i could just leave out the part where he kissed me. "he wanted me to join the prophets."

"is he dumb? you've been trying to take them down for a year."

"i know," i agreed. "he said we're more alike than i think. and i don't know that kinda just stuck with me."

"i can confirm, you are nothing like that rodent," hector smiles weakly. "trust me, you're better than him in many ways."

"thanks," i smile back. "i'm gonna go get some sleep. i'll see you in the morning."

hector nods as i walk out of the room and head up the stairs.

i laid there in bed, drowning in my thoughts. i'm going to do everything i can to prove vincent's statement wrong, that i'm nothing like him.

still, he did have nice lips. it's a shame i hate him.

mattia's pov

the next day ...

i was at the airport, waiting for them to announce the flight to jersey. my leg was bouncing up and down nervously. i don't even know why i'm nervous.

a lot's changed in a year, what if we can't go back to the way things were before? doesn't matter, i'm not giving up on them.

suddenly, i remembered alejandro basically admitted he had feelings for my fiancée. what the fuck am i suppose to do about that?

this all could've been avoided if that kingston soldier didn't have to stab me and throw me overboard.

"now boarding the flight to new jersey, please make your way to the gate," they announced.

i got up and did as they instructed. in a matter of hours, i'll have my old life back. i smile at the thought of waking up next to y/n everyday again. i'm now convinced that no matter what the situation is, i'll always find my way back to her.

-

y/n's pov

"welcome back," avani threw her arms around me. "sorry i couldnt be here yesterday for your return, i was with kairi."

"it's all good," i smile. "i assume things here have been running smoothly while i was in france?"

"yes ma'am," she nodded. "speaking of france..."

"i am just trying to do my best at moving on from mattia," i sigh. "i'd appreciate it if everyone didn't bring it up every minute."

"okay well if you ever needa talk, you know i'm here," she rubs my hand. "hector told me you ran into vincent yesterday."

"did he tell you that vincent also asked me to join him?" i say, still in disbelief.

"yep. have i ever mentioned how i hate that he's a prophet? cause he's not the worst looking man i've seen." the way avani tried to make it sound casual made me laugh.

"you can just say 'attractive' you know?" i cross my arms.

"doesn't change the fact that he's an asshole," she says. "i hate everything about him except his appearance, that's all."

"would you be mad at me if i told you he kissed me?" i mumble.

"he did what??" her voice echoed throughout my house. "i bet you his lips were poisoned and he tried to poison you. let me see your lips."

"ew avani stop," i slap her finger away. "it's a possibility but i feel fine."

"did you kiss him back?" she asked.

"of course not," i answer. "it was hard to refrain myself from punching the shit out of him."

"did you tell anyone else about this?"

i shake my head. "you're the only one who knows— i'd prefer for it to stay that way."

"lips are sealed."

"besides, i'm not trying to recreate my love story with mattia by using vincent this time," i scoff. "shit, i said i wouldn't talk about mattia anymore."

ding dong

"are my soldiers just letting anyone walk up my door steps?" i roll my eyes. i reach for the handle and open the door, seeing a really familiar back. "mattia?"

he turns around slowly showing me what's in his hand. my engagement ring. "missing something?" he smiles.

.