-70-

(a/n: yes i'm uploading two chapters in a row 😫)

third person's pov

a couple days later...

once y/n was feeling stronger, she decided to take a walk to mattia's restaurant, finally paying him a visit.

his eyes lit up as he saw the girl walk through the door, immediately making his ways towards her.

"hey," y/n smiled as mattia unexpectedly gave her a hug. she hesitantly wrapped her arms back around him and closed her eyes, enjoying it for a split second.

mattia's hand traveled from her back to her waist as he tightened the hug, inhaling her scent. "sorry, i'm just really glad you're okay."

"don't be sorry," she replied.

"so i take it your wound's feeling better? cause you're walking and all."

"yeah it's just a little stiff," she shrugs.

"that was kind of a quick recovery. it took me a while to heal," he said.

"eh i'm use to it," she says without thinking. mattia tilt his head and looked at her with a confused expression. "what i mean is i have a high pain tolerance."

"ohh," but he didn't believe her. now he couldn't help but think does this stuff happen to her often? "thank you for taking the hit. you didn't even know me that well."

but that wasnt true. there was no one who knew mattia better than her. "i just went with my instinct," she chuckled.

"your instinct saved my life so.."

"i figured you didn't wanna be stabbed twice," she teases.

"alejandro and kairi told you about the engagement party right?"

"oh yeah they did."

"are you gonna come?" he asked. "lena and i would really like if you could attend."

and how could she decline? "yeah.. yeah i'll be there."

a smile formed on his face. "great. and you don't have to bring a gift. you've done enough."

"true," she agreed, making him laugh. his laugh: one of the things she missed hearing the most.

it was a fact that she never fell out of love with him but pretending like they're meeting for the first time, it felt as if she was falling in love all over again.

"i gotta go meet alejandro and kairi at the bar," mattia said, breaking the short silence. "until we meet again."

"till we meet again," she nodded.

-

kairi and alejandro arrived at the bar where they saw mattia sitting at table with a drink already in front of him. he turned his head when he saw two figures walking towards him in the corner of his eye.

"hey guys," they dap each other up.

"what'd you wanna come here for?" kairi asked.

"i just wanted to get to know you guys before you go back to america," said mattia.

kairi and alejandro had a thought in the back of their heads, wondering if they were taking mattia back with them or not.

as the time goes on, the three boys shared multiple laughs and drinks while they were playing pool.

"so how's lena?" kairi asked. he'd been curious to see if this girl was good enough for his best friend. but it's not like it mattered, he was convinced that at the end of the day, he belonged with y/n.

"she's great," mattia smiled just at the sound of her name. "i really do love her, she's everything to me."

kairi frowned at those words, feeling like he needed to be sad for y/n. "that's great man, i'm happy for you."

"yeah congrats," alejandro added.

"how about you two? any girls in your life right now?" mattia asked.

"yeah i have a girlfriend, avani," kairi answered. "i love her too. but she's back in jersey right now."

"ayee good for you," mattia nodded. "what about you alejandro? maybe y/n?"

before alejandro could respond, kairi cut him off. "he's not interested in y/n and he never will be, right ale?"

alejandro glared at him slightly. "no woman in my life at the moment."

mattia sensed the awkward tension between them, but he felt like it wasn't fair of kairi to answer for him. "kairi what makes you think he isn't interested in y/n?"

"she's not over her fiancé," said kairi. "and alejandro knows better than to go after a girl whose heart belongs to someone else."

alejandro looked down sadly as he heard kairi spoke true words. "kairi's right. it would never happen."

"you don't think you could win her over?" mattia says.

"trust me uhm, i'm nothing compared to the last guy she's been with. they're meant for each other, they just... need to find their way back."

"well, i respect you for putting their feelings first," mattia nodded. "i just wished it wasn't at the expense of what you wanted. you deserve happiness too you know?"

alejandro hit one of balls into a pocket hole. "i'll find that one day."

.