-73-

lmfao fuck i'll update now❤️ you've convinced me🙏🏻

(a/n: i never put songs but this one in particular lowkey reminds me of this situation idk i feel like it'll set the mood. play the song when i tell you to 😘😘)

third person's pov

"wait what the fuck are you saying?" mattia raised his voice as he stood up.

"you know.. what i'm saying," y/n mumbled. "my fiancé is standing right in front of me, engaged to someone else."

mattia ran his hands through his hair and turned his back to her. "so you knew who i was when we first 'met'."

"yeah.."

"why didn't you tell me? why didn't you say something?" he faced her again.

"it's complicated," she answered. "your life is in danger. mattia polibio's life was in danger— it was better that you didn't know so you could be safe."

"does this have something to do with the guy who tried to kill me at the market?"

y/n nodded. "everyone thinks you're dead. i thought it was best for it stay that way but you needed to choose for yourself."

"that's why you all felt so familiar to me," he whispered.

"the day i found you at the restaurant you told me you were happy with your life. you're.. engaged and you own an italian restaurant."

mattia waited for a little before talking again, gathering this thoughts. "what else aren't you telling me?"

she hesitated but left like there was no point in keeping this from him. "we're both leaders of a mafia. i'm the donna of a cobra, you're the capo of the panthers." she held up her locket. "you got this for me the day our mafias agreed to an alliance."

he slowly walked closer to her so he can take the locket into his hand. after staring at the symbol, he opened the locket and saw a photo of him kissing her on the cheek. and he knew for sure she was telling the truth.

(a/n: play the song ❤️ skip to around 1:34)

"this is all too much for me," mattia said lowly, bring his eyes to meet hers. "maybe in my old life i would've loved all this but.. being a capo of a mafia? engaged to a girl that i barely know? without my memories, i just can't.."

"i knew this was gonna happen," y/n mumbled. "i love you mattia. i never stopped loving you. i want you to be happy and if this life is what you want then, i'll leave for new jersey tomorrow. and i won't look back."

"i don't have a doubt that i wasn't happy with you," he replied. "i know for a fact you made me happy and that i lived a good life with you guys. but that isn't me anymore. the mattia you knew, that isn't the mattia i am right now. i'm sorry..."

her heart broke all over again, just like she knew it would.

"i gotta go back to the party," he looked down.

"i think i'm just gonna stay here a little while longer," she uttered. "but this is the last time i'm probably gonna see you again.."

he took her a hand and placed a kiss on top of it. "thank you for everything. i really am sorry. until we meet again.."

mattia dropped her hand and started walking back to the venue. this wasn't how he expected the night to go but at least now he knew where he came from.

by now y/n ran out of tears, so all she did was stare into the ocean trying to pick herself up.

-

y/n's pov

i finally got back to the venue where kairi and alejandro waited for me. they looked concerned so the both of them ran up to me.

"what happened?" kairi asked.

"i told mattia," i answer. "he uhm, he's happy here and he doesn't wanna change that." i take off mattia's coat and place it on a chair. "can you guys set up a flight for jersey? we're leaving tomorrow."

i kept my eyes down the entire time, not wanting to see kairi and alejandro's reaction.

"okay," alejandro plainly said. "kai, we should go say bye to mattia."

"yeah," kairi said, not looking at us.

i watch the two boys head to lena and mattia and shake their hands. then all of a sudden alejandro hugged mattia tightly and walked out the door without saying a word. kairi just looked at him, and followed ale.

my turn.

i waved to lena without looking at mattia and head out the door, seeing alejandro and kairi get in our car.

after i closed the door, we all sat there in silence until alejandro punched the wheel. "damn it."

"we need to keep our priorities straight," kairi spoke. "this has been more a vacation than business. we came here to recruit more soldiers so that's what we should do."

"we'll tell them to meet us back in jersey, give them time to pack and everything," i add. "but the three of us and noah leave tomorrow."

alejandro started the car and reversed out of the parking lot, leaving the setting as quick as he could. none of us looked back once.

(a/n: dw this isn't the end, there's still more)

.