-10-

mattia's pov

"so.. how'd she take it?" kairi asks. 

i open up the fridge to grab some leftovers. "uh better than i expected."

"was she scared?" alejandro questions. 

"yeah she was," i nod. "that might've been because i threatened to kill her so."

"as if she wasn't scared enough mattia," alejandro rolls his eyes. "should i go talk to her?"

"she just saw you kill someone a couple hours ago," kairi reminds him. "i don't think that's a good idea." 

"yeah give her time," i add. "hey.. how much money do you think xavier's willing to pay for her?"

"is this a ransom now?" ale crosses his arms. 

"i'm just saying-- he's so fucking obsessed with her," i smile. "i wonder what'd do if we threatened her." 

"he'd do anything," kairi answers. "what're you thinking?"

"we can ask for like $10 million," i suggest. 

"xavier doesn't care about anyone but himself-- you'd really think he'd paid $10 mill for her?" said alejandro. 

"he 'loves' her," kairi replies. 

"not that much bruh. you aint ever gonna catch me paying $10 mill for some chick." alejandro had a point. 

"hmm, you're right," i mumble. "if she gets free the first thing she's gonna do is snitch to the police. we'll have chris come over tomorrow and discuss some details."

"i still think we can make bank out of this," kairi shrugs. "let's just lower it to $9 million." 

"worth a shot," i agree. "kairi you might have to babysit her a little."

"what? why me?" he shouts. 

"cause she probably likes you the most. pretty sure she hates my guts and she saw alejandro kill someone so... that leaves you," i pat him on the back. "good luck." 

the next day 

it was around the afternoon and y/n still hasn't come out of her room yet. she has to eat something. 

knock knock

"y/n?" i call her. "you gotta eat eventually." 

"not hungry," she shouts. 

"you didn't eat dinner last night, you didn't eat breakfast, and now you're not gonna eat lunch?" i ask. "you need to keep that beautiful body of yours beautiful." (me out here eating one meal a day cause i don't get hungry anymore) 

there was a pause of silence but then she finally said something. "i'll come down in a bit.." 

"see you soon princess," i answer. i can practically see her rolling her eyes through the door. 

"yo chris should be here soon," kairi tells me. we both make our way down the stairs and to the living room. "she still not gonna eat?"

"she'll come down in a bit," i inform him. "where's ale?"

"in his room doing whatever." 

i hear one on my soldiers open the door and footsteps approaching us. 

"what do you want mattia?" chris groans. 

"come sit, have a drink," i point to the couches. 

"i didn't come here to have a drink," he glares at me. "tell me why you requested me." 

"damn, i'm just trying to be friendly," i mumble. "someone saw alejandro kill a guy last night, but we got a hold of them."

"where is she/he right now?" he asks. 

"she's upstairs," kairi answers. "we're keeping her here until we figure out what to do with her."

"you're keeping an innocent girl hostage?" he raises his voice. 

"watch your tone," i point at him. "and she's of some use to us. our enemy cares a lot about her." 

chris tilts his head. "which enemy?" 

"ever heard of the kingston cartel?" i ask. 

"uh not that i know of."

"their capo, xavier kingston use to date her," i say. 

chris widens his eyes. "wait xavier kingston? ex? don't tell your hostage is-"

"chris?" y/n appears from the corner. "oh my god chris." she runs into his arms and he hugs her tightly. 

"y/n holy shit is this where you were all night?" he asks, not letting her go. chris looks at me and kairi. "let her go." great... they know each other. 

"yeah you don't have a say in this," i smile. "finally come out of your room huh princess?"

"shut up," she replies. "chris what's going on? why are you here?"

"i-- uhh.. i kinda work for them," he says. 

she narrows her eyes. "you what? why? for how long?"

"a while. they pay me to keep the police off their tracks and since i'm in the force..." y/n frowns a little. "look i had no idea they were doing this to you-- if anything i'm doing this so they can leave the people i love alone. you fall into that category."

"can i continue?" i interrupt. "we were concerned that one day she would escape and tell the police about us so we needed you to help us out with that." 

"didn't think you guys knew each other," said kairi. "well this changes the game. so chris, continue to keep your mouth shut and we won't hurt her. you can leave now." 

"you actually think i'm letting her stay here with you guys?" chris questions. "hell no." 

"i'm not gonna tell anyone i swear," y/n promises. 

"we have a different use for you now princess," i smirk. "soldiers please escort chris out." 

"mattia," he shouts. 

i didn't listen and went back to the kitchen with kairi while y/n watches him get dragged out. 

.